ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Mail fail: Royal Mail leave parcel in food waste bin

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Mail fail: Royal Mail leave parcel in food waste bin

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/05/mail-fail ... n-4858232/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

A woman who was out when her parcel was delivered was stunned when she read the note left by the courier – and found her package had been put in her food waste bin.

Twitter user @chii_kyna posted the image of the Royal Mail ‘sorry we missed you’ card saying the items were in her ‘Safeplace’, underneath which ‘FOOD WASTE BIN’ was scrawled.

Chi, from Bromley, Kent, said she ‘did a double-take’ when she read the words, believing no postman would be so callous with her delivery – especially when there was a more obvious place to put it.

Image
The Royal Mail courier believed Chi’s food waste bin was an appropriate place to put her parcel (Picture: gov.uk)
‘I thought I had read it wrong,’ she said.

‘Then I opened up the half-full food bin and saw the sizeable parcel – which could have been placed underneath the plastic recycle box next to the food bin.’

Chi added that the parcel contained software and a disc drive from Apple and should have been handled with more care.

Her tweet, which was posted with the words ‘this is a lovely way to treat parcels…NOT!!’ was replied to almost immediately by @RoyalMail, who apologised and offered to report the incident.

Royal Mail ✔ @RoyalMail
@Chii_Kyna Hi, I'm sorry this has happened. We can help get this reported if you'd like?
Chi @Chii_Kyna
Follow
@RoyalMail I would like to report it, especially as it was my @AppleUKStore parcel. Thankfully @UPS delivers the laptops and computers!
11:51 AM - 5 Sep 2014
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Mail fail: Royal Mail leave parcel in food waste bin

Post by datasaint »

Doorsteppin' :no no
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Mail fail: Royal Mail leave parcel in food waste bin

Post by DGP1 »

I thought P739s where the same all over the country, it seems not because that doesn't look like the ones we have.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
superteamu10
Posts: 94
Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 10:07
Gender: Male

Re: Mail fail: Royal Mail leave parcel in food waste bin

Post by superteamu10 »

I have a customer on my round who wrote to the DOM and requested that her food waste bin be her safe drop.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Mail fail: Royal Mail leave parcel in food waste bin

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:I thought P739s where the same all over the country, it seems not because that doesn't look like the ones we have.
Ours are different again with the new sunday opening and delivery service.
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Mail fail: Royal Mail leave parcel in food waste bin

Post by 5plusbonusball »

It's a safe place anyway, no burglar would raid that bin! Maybe cos it said apple he thought it was food!
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
Captain Scarlet
Posts: 322
Joined: 02 Jul 2007, 15:23
Location: Fifer

Re: Mail fail: Royal Mail leave parcel in food waste bin

Post by Captain Scarlet »

Did it say on parcel to leave in a safe place? If it was a tracked with those instructions we have been told to leave them out of sight, no bringing back cos it fecks up the quality in our office ffs :cuppa I just leave a card and take it back :whistle