Is this what you mean ?Tuffers1875 wrote:Never seen a fit female postie. Why is that?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Female Posties
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: Female Posties
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
Tuffers1875
- Posts: 146
- Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 15:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Female Posties
Pinky 1 wrote:Is this what you mean ?Tuffers1875 wrote:Never seen a fit female postie. Why is that?
Slut
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Female Posties
Tuffers1875 wrote:Pinky 1 wrote:Is this what you mean ?Tuffers1875 wrote:Never seen a fit female postie. Why is that?
Slut
If meant in the Chaucer sense that's quite an admission.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
hampshireman
- Posts: 792
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Female Posties
You will carry a bag 'if you can'maximus12 wrote:I love the job and don't find it too physically demanding, if on a van share i will carry a bag if i can, if not i take a trolley. It doesn't matter to me if the person i'm with is carrying 2 bags at the same time, i take the trolley if i feel i need too. Saying that i've never worked with anyone who had a problem with that. Some rounds are big and i do get tired but i'm sure the guys do too.
As for getting easier rounds, i don't see thag as being fair. We get paid the same so should do the same job.
The only problem i've had is foot pain but i think it was the shoes i was wearing, since i changed shoes it's been fine.
As for customers, i've never received any shocked reaction to them having a female postie, i'd say 90% of the office is male but it's in no way sexiest.
What does that mean?
If you can pick it up? There is a limit of weight for you to carry. Otherwise use the LWT!!!!!
I do P&L and most of the people I work with are bag on shoulder!!! Why ; 'because its quicker'
I use the proper method ... and guess what .. I get grief.
Posties shooting themselves in their own proverbial feet?
-
Cedar_Room
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09
Re: Female Posties
Same.hampshireman wrote:You will carry a bag 'if you can'maximus12 wrote:I love the job and don't find it too physically demanding, if on a van share i will carry a bag if i can, if not i take a trolley. It doesn't matter to me if the person i'm with is carrying 2 bags at the same time, i take the trolley if i feel i need too. Saying that i've never worked with anyone who had a problem with that. Some rounds are big and i do get tired but i'm sure the guys do too.
As for getting easier rounds, i don't see thag as being fair. We get paid the same so should do the same job.
The only problem i've had is foot pain but i think it was the shoes i was wearing, since i changed shoes it's been fine.
As for customers, i've never received any shocked reaction to them having a female postie, i'd say 90% of the office is male but it's in no way sexiest.
What does that mean?
If you can pick it up? There is a limit of weight for you to carry. Otherwise use the LWT!!!!!
I do P&L and most of the people I work with are bag on shoulder!!! Why ; 'because its quicker'
I use the proper method ... and guess what .. I get grief.
Posties shooting themselves in their own proverbial feet?
But I will never,ever stop using the LWT whilst I am employed by RM.
“Shorts,in this weather?!”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Female Posties
why is she a slutTuffers1875 wrote:Pinky 1 wrote:Is this what you mean ?Tuffers1875 wrote:Never seen a fit female postie. Why is that?
Slut
-
maximus12
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 22 Sep 2013, 08:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Female Posties
I mean if i know it's of a weight i can happily carry for a whole loophampshireman wrote:
You will carry a bag 'if you can'
What does that mean?
If you can pick it up? There is a limit of weight for you to carry. Otherwise use the LWT!!!!!
I do P&L and most of the people I work with are bag on shoulder!!! Why ; 'because its quicker'
I use the proper method ... and guess what .. I get grief.
Posties shooting themselves in their own proverbial feet?
-
da'bunny
- Posts: 239
- Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47
Re: Female Posties
You obviously work in the wrong officeTuffers1875 wrote:Never seen a fit female postie. Why is that?
Or maybe your just too fussy
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.
-
j.post
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 05 Jan 2013, 19:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Female Posties
No you should not get easier rounds, you get the same pay, we have female postie with 25 years service and always gets on with the job without complaint.
-
music4essex
- Posts: 717
- Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 16:18
- Gender: Female
Re: Female Posties
No you should not get easier rounds because you are a women , Use the mthods for the duty , tell your P&L partner to go where the sun dont shine.
There are around 8 female posties we did have 15 but the oldwer ones got pushed out , having said that I am in my mid 50;s and done 25yrs , in my first week a male postie said I would not last , here I still am , I have back problem , but I do a single driving duty, quite long and can be heavy with packets , I get really tired now , but a lot of male posties in my office that are a lot younger have devoloped injuries in the last year
Essex mum
There are around 8 female posties we did have 15 but the oldwer ones got pushed out , having said that I am in my mid 50;s and done 25yrs , in my first week a male postie said I would not last , here I still am , I have back problem , but I do a single driving duty, quite long and can be heavy with packets , I get really tired now , but a lot of male posties in my office that are a lot younger have devoloped injuries in the last year
Essex mum
-
jassp79
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 28 Sep 2013, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Female Posties
I am female postie. I am agree that it is tiring job.I am working weekend only. I have tennis elbow and back pain which is getting worse after doing this job so thinking to leave soon.
-
Patti-Ann
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 17 May 2014, 09:57
- Gender: Female
Re: Female Posties
My regular driver has taken sick retirement so have been having different ones every day. Some of them do make bundles too big for me to manage, but I just break them down into two bundles myself?
The last loop of delivery can be heavy, so take the trolley and none of the drivers have objected - it might slow me down a bit, but so would too heavy a bag, so I'd rather have the trolley
The last loops are set out rather awkwardly. The drivers loop can also be heavy, but he drops me off at the start of mine, then parks in the middle of his and does it in two halves. I finish at his half way point
The last loop of delivery can be heavy, so take the trolley and none of the drivers have objected - it might slow me down a bit, but so would too heavy a bag, so I'd rather have the trolley
The last loops are set out rather awkwardly. The drivers loop can also be heavy, but he drops me off at the start of mine, then parks in the middle of his and does it in two halves. I finish at his half way point
-
Postiebear
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 23 Feb 2009, 15:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Female Posties
In my office there is 5 female posties, 4 of which are as good to work with as any other male workmate, the other is one who had her own walk, spoke to almost everyone she passed, stopped to feed cats ect, she took about 4 and half hrs to do her duty but that was down to her doing as stated, anyone else would do the duty in about 3hr 15, she is now struggling to get to grips with having a workmate in the van and sticking to the time allocated for a loop.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Female Posties
that's her problem thenPostiebear wrote:In my office there is 5 female posties, 4 of which are as good to work with as any other male workmate, the other is one who had her own walk, spoke to almost everyone she passed, stopped to feed cats ect, she took about 4 and half hrs to do her duty but that was down to her doing as stated, anyone else would do the duty in about 3hr 15, she is now struggling to get to grips with having a workmate in the van and sticking to the time allocated for a loop.