ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

blowing whistle on dom's racism - y/n?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: blowing whistle on dom's racism - y/n?

Post by maisymoo04 »

rogerdawcy wrote:My Dom has a Facebook. I'm not his friend but everything is visible.

He's made a very racist comment tonight. It's incredibly offensive.

Would you blow the whistle?
Didn't no u our visible when ur not signed up thought you had to be excepted oopssss :nervous :whistle :whistle
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
Tman
Posts: 4146
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

Re: blowing whistle on dom's racism - y/n?

Post by Tman »

No Specific to "a certain race". Whats nastier, grassing a racist, or ignoring it because you are not the subject of the abuse.
:hmmmm
Which is an assumption that it's being ignored only because you aren't the subject etc etc, and if that isn't the case then the either/or condition doesn't apply. Having established that, then the rather pretentious "reductio ad absurdum" statement is false too.
I KNOW which side I would prefer to be on even if its on the Gestapo and KGB side of your "Reductio ad absurdum" argument
.

I'm sure you do, otherwise your point would be even more meaningless. In the mean-time welcome to 21st century UK, where some clearly feel that it's acceptable to jeopardise someone's job for the foolish act of posting dumb things on Facebook. Sad old world....
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: blowing whistle on dom's racism - y/n?

Post by bustedflush »

Tman wrote:
rogerdawcy wrote:It referred to people of a certain race always wanting overtime, so it's work related.
Generalised, then?
Sadly it's all too easy to see how the Stasi, Gestapo and KGB etc were able to flourish; one of the nastier sides of human nature of some people, the willingness to grass up others for their own sad enjoyment.
I agree. This climate of fear caused by the fascistic legislation of the last Liebore government has just resulted in a widespread paedophilic and sexual abuse being brushed under the carpet in Rotherham because the perps were Muslim Asians thus allowing their filthy raping and sadism to go on long after it should have been stopped. IF a certain ethnic group are (factually) acting in a certain way whether criminally or positively (as in this case working long hours) then as long as the truth is being told then there should be NO fear of retribution if told politely without aggression or insult.
I hope the little snitches get the bad karma back in their lives after reporting him/her. There's no need for it, no good will come of it.
You'll ruin a person's career and the lives of those around them and if you are found out many of your colleagues I suspect would be out to get YOU!
Never miss an opportunity to keep your mouth shut.
flaminmoses
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 819
Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
Gender: Male

Re: blowing whistle on dom's racism - y/n?

Post by flaminmoses »

Tman wrote:
rogerdawcy wrote:It referred to people of a certain race always wanting overtime, so it's work related.
Generalised, then?
Sadly it's all too easy to see how the Stasi, Gestapo and KGB etc were able to flourish; one of the nastier sides of human nature of some people, the willingness to grass up others for their own sad enjoyment.

think of it this way....if the shoe was on the other foot.

HIT THAT NAIL IN HARD IMO.
teesdale
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 430
Joined: 24 Nov 2007, 16:31

Re: blowing whistle on dom's racism - y/n?

Post by teesdale »

People always wanting overtime. If they had that where I work you would have to report someone every 30 minutes.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: blowing whistle on dom's racism - y/n?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Tman wrote: I'm sure you do, otherwise your point would be even more meaningless. In the mean-time welcome to 21st century UK, where some clearly feel that it's acceptable to jeopardise someone's job for the foolish act of posting dumb things on Facebook. Sad old world....
Its a DOM, they should be held to higher standards of behaviour than ordinary posties, because they are in charge of posties. If they post anything that's
He's made a very racist comment tonight. It's incredibly offensive.
then they should be challenged, and yes their job will be jeopardised, but not by the person reporting it, but by the manager themselves.

Its also why I used the "pretentious argument", I seriously could not believe that anyone thought racism from a Manager should be ignored, or that they equate reporting it to being a grass for the stasi, KGB and Gestapo. I thought you were being ironic, apparently not. Shocked, yes I am.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
technotechnotechno
Posts: 6
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 20:07
Gender: Male

Re: blowing whistle on dom's racism - y/n?

Post by technotechnotechno »

If the DOM posted the comment during working hours then drop them in it.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16726
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: blowing whistle on dom's racism - y/n?

Post by clashcityrocker »

Working hours or not, if he made a racist comment it should be reported.
He shouldn't be managing people he doesn't respect.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
windermeredave
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 265
Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: blowing whistle on dom's racism - y/n?

Post by windermeredave »

The problem being he will probably delete the offending post the moment he gets wind of it.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: blowing whistle on dom's racism - y/n?

Post by bustedflush »

clashcityrocker wrote:Working hours or not, if he made a racist comment it should be reported.
He shouldn't be managing people he doesn't respect.
Well, that'll be 2000-odd DIMs signing on on Monday next.......... :Very Happy
Tman
Posts: 4146
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

Re: blowing whistle on dom's racism - y/n?

Post by Tman »

Its also why I used the "pretentious argument", I seriously could not believe that anyone thought racism from a Manager should be ignored,


Another woeful example of the old "intentional misunderstanding" trick again :roll: .
It's the daft assumption which is being ignored, rather than the the alleged "racism" of the DOM, but then you understood that really, didn't you?

Equally-


or that they equate reporting it to being a grass for the stasi, KGB and Gestapo. I thought you were being ironic, apparently not. Shocked, yes I am


You did understand that it wasn't the "equate reporting of it to being a grass for the KGB" etc, but the willingness of some (as evidenced on here) to drop some one in it over something minor shows how easily secret police gather info from the nasty little bubblers of the world, didn't you? What a great sense of personal satisfaction those sad individuals must have when they go home at night. "I dobbed someone in it today......what a worthwhile up-standing little man I am"

Chuck in a few Latin names to show what a clever chap you are, then miss the simple points being made. That, and the ease with which you appear to justify grassing up someone (and what he is supposed to have posted is hardly Mein Kampf or the ISIS mission statement)......now that's shocking.
Tman
Posts: 4146
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

Re: blowing whistle on dom's racism - y/n?

Post by Tman »

Its also why I used the "pretentious argument", I seriously could not believe that anyone thought racism from a Manager should be ignored,


Another woeful example of the old "intentional misunderstanding" trick again :roll: .
It's the daft assumption which is being ignored, rather than the the alleged "racism" of the DOM, but then you understood that really, didn't you?

Equally-


or that they equate reporting it to being a grass for the stasi, KGB and Gestapo. I thought you were being ironic, apparently not. Shocked, yes I am


You did understand that it wasn't the "equate reporting of it to being a grass for the KGB" etc, but the willingness of some (as evidenced on here) to drop some one in it over something minor shows how easily secret police gather info from the nasty little bubblers of the world, didn't you? What a great sense of personal satisfaction those sad individuals must have when they go home at night. "I dobbed someone in it today......what a worthwhile up-standing little man I am"

Chuck in a few Latin names to show what a clever chap you are, then miss the simple points being made. That, and the ease with which you appear to justify grassing up someone (and what he is supposed to have posted is hardly Mein Kampf or the ISIS mission statement)......now that's shocking.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16726
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: blowing whistle on dom's racism - y/n?

Post by clashcityrocker »

Tman wrote: ....over something minor .
Only you and Busted regard racism as minor.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Tman
Posts: 4146
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

Re: blowing whistle on dom's racism - y/n?

Post by Tman »

I'm commenting solely on this alleged incident in this thread. To attempt to extrapolate anything more from that is bigotry at it's finest.
"You don't see it's racist therefore you must be a racist too".
Orwell was so accurate in his predictions.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16726
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: blowing whistle on dom's racism - y/n?

Post by clashcityrocker »

Tman wrote:I'm commenting solely on this alleged incident in this thread.
Given that you don't know what was said, how are you solely commenting on the alleged incident.
You know absolutely nothing about the incident.
The poster made it clear that the comment was racist and deeply offensive.
You have decided it was a minor incident.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.