I like it....where's it from?k979aaa wrote:Yes in charge of a moving vehicle you should have a break before five hours after start of shift and not go over five hours without a break so equidistant and have one day off in 11 days.clashcityrocker wrote:Whatever.
You can tell your employer when you are going to take your break.
I remember now last time I was on a train from Glasgow to London - the driver stopped just outside Warrington and announced he was taking a 30 minute break, as was his right as enshrined in law.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
full meal breaks before delivery
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: full meal breaks before delivery
I won
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: full meal breaks before delivery
https://www.gov.uk/drivers-hours/gb-domestic-rules" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: full meal breaks before delivery
Superb
One to remember for Christmas after last years piddle take
Already rescinded my working Time opt out in preparation.
Thanks once more tbt and RMC

One to remember for Christmas after last years piddle take
Already rescinded my working Time opt out in preparation.
Thanks once more tbt and RMC
I won
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: full meal breaks before delivery
unfortunately these rules/laws only apply to people who drive lorries which have a tachograph, they dont actually apply to us posties driving our vansspiderj wrote:I like it....where's it from?k979aaa wrote:Yes in charge of a moving vehicle you should have a break before five hours after start of shift and not go over five hours without a break so equidistant and have one day off in 11 days.clashcityrocker wrote:Whatever.
You can tell your employer when you are going to take your break.
I remember now last time I was on a train from Glasgow to London - the driver stopped just outside Warrington and announced he was taking a 30 minute break, as was his right as enshrined in law.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: full meal breaks before delivery
Aaaaw
Golden rule whilst driving though
If you feel tired stop the vehicle
Nuff said
Golden rule whilst driving though
If you feel tired stop the vehicle
Nuff said
I won
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
Re: full meal breaks before delivery
The bottom line is, regardless of when the 40 minutes is taken it is 40 minutes. If you choose to take it at end of shift, fair enough, but you should still be signing out of the office at 14:15 or whatever time you are meant to finish.
It makes no real difference if you take 40 in 1 go, split is 20/20 or any other combination. But going back to office early signing out early and using the justification that you haven't had your break is ridiculous.
Personally I take part of my break prior to delivery and remainder between the 2 p&l deliveries. If I am back early (a rare occurance) I will enquire whether there is any other work left to fill my working day. If the managers have departed then I assume all work for the day is done and I go home. But I sure as hell have used my break prior to that so that if I am leaving early it is a maximum or 10-15 minutes and not pushing three quarters of an hour to an hour.
As I say I am rarely ever back early, whereas there are some in my office (and I work at same office as OP incidentally) who are back early day in day out. And it ends up giving a false impression of the office and the balance of the duties which leads to more and more lapsing.
It makes no real difference if you take 40 in 1 go, split is 20/20 or any other combination. But going back to office early signing out early and using the justification that you haven't had your break is ridiculous.
Personally I take part of my break prior to delivery and remainder between the 2 p&l deliveries. If I am back early (a rare occurance) I will enquire whether there is any other work left to fill my working day. If the managers have departed then I assume all work for the day is done and I go home. But I sure as hell have used my break prior to that so that if I am leaving early it is a maximum or 10-15 minutes and not pushing three quarters of an hour to an hour.
As I say I am rarely ever back early, whereas there are some in my office (and I work at same office as OP incidentally) who are back early day in day out. And it ends up giving a false impression of the office and the balance of the duties which leads to more and more lapsing.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: full meal breaks before delivery
steve1873 wrote:The bottom line is, regardless of when the 40 minutes is taken it is 40 minutes. If you choose to take it at end of shift, fair enough, but you should still be signing out of the office at 14:15 or whatever time you are meant to finish.
actually if taking 2nd part of your break at end of your shift, there is no requirement to stay in the office solely for the purpose of signing out, its part of the way forward agreement
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
Re: full meal breaks before delivery
Then as I said, regardless of it being part of the agreement it IS ridiculous. What is to stop someone having there full 40 minutes in the form of 20 minutes indoor and a further 20 minutes outdoor, returning to the office and signing out 20 mins early claiming an additional 20 minutes break everyday in effect?zx135 wrote:steve1873 wrote:The bottom line is, regardless of when the 40 minutes is taken it is 40 minutes. If you choose to take it at end of shift, fair enough, but you should still be signing out of the office at 14:15 or whatever time you are meant to finish.
actually if taking 2nd part of your break at end of your shift, there is no requirement to stay in the office solely for the purpose of signing out, its part of the way forward agreement
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: full meal breaks before delivery
steve1873 wrote:Then as I said, regardless of it being part of the agreement it IS ridiculous. What is to stop someone having there full 40 minutes in the form of 20 minutes indoor and a further 20 minutes outdoor, returning to the office and signing out 20 mins early claiming an additional 20 minutes break everyday in effect?zx135 wrote:steve1873 wrote:The bottom line is, regardless of when the 40 minutes is taken it is 40 minutes. If you choose to take it at end of shift, fair enough, but you should still be signing out of the office at 14:15 or whatever time you are meant to finish.
actually if taking 2nd part of your break at end of your shift, there is no requirement to stay in the office solely for the purpose of signing out, its part of the way forward agreement
Same could be said what is to stop someone taking 20 min in office the another further two 20 min breaks whilst out on delivery? They would also be getting an hours worth of breaks, taking 20 min at end doesn't make a difference
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Re: full meal breaks before delivery
Our office decided 20 mins before you go out and 20 mins at the end. Managers refuse to state the time M/R should be taken. I take mine as soon as I have prepped and done any kill offs an re-di's. My partner has his once he has loaded the van so I stand around having another break waiting for him. The vast majority have no break as managers prefer it that way.