ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postman who saved family up for award

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Postman who saved family up for award

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.sthelensreporter.co.uk/news/ ... -1-6792000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A HERO postman who helped to rescue a mum and two toddlers from a house blaze will be recognised for his bravery by the fire service.

Phil Turner, who lives in Newton-le-Willows, worked alongside neighbours to get the trio to safety after a fire started in the living room.

Having made sure everyone was safety out of the Elm Avenue address in Golborne last month, dad-of-one Phil then carried on with his round.

A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service told the Reporter officials are now deciding whether Phil and his fellow rescuers will receive official commendations or a letter of congratulations.

Wigan borough fire manager Steve Sheridan said: “They will be definitely receive some sort of recognition for their actions.

“The process sometimes takes time and they will be invited into the station when everything is sorted.”

Phil, 35, (pictured above) smashed open the front door of the property while neighbours put ladders up to the front window.

He said: “I could hear shouting, I thought it was a fight at first.

“But I then saw the black smoke and the two neighbours putting the ladder up to get the kids from upstairs.

“I broke the front door down so the mum could get out.

“It was just a natural reaction that anyone would have done.

“I waited to see that everyone was okay and then I carried on with my letters.”

The family were treated for smoke inhalation but were otherwise unharmed.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: Postman who saved family up for award

Post by scoobydo79 »

:Applause