ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

FREEDOM OF SPEECH FOR ALL POSTIES WHEREVER YOU MAY DELIVER

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: FREEDOM OF SPEECH FOR ALL POSTIES WHEREVER YOU MAY DELIV

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Postie45 wrote:so I hope whatever was written was interesting, but theres no way im going to read it all in caps. Why did you type it that way ?
Because they were angry :Very Happy
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: FREEDOM OF SPEECH FOR ALL POSTIES WHEREVER YOU MAY DELIV

Post by General Mannerheim »

managers are petrified of the the word grievance, it only takes one to open the floodgates
They don't give a toss about grievances,they even brag how many they have against them in our area :cuppa
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
brykins
Posts: 44
Joined: 14 Dec 2010, 14:33
Gender: Male

Re: FREEDOM OF SPEECH FOR ALL POSTIES WHEREVER YOU MAY DELIV

Post by brykins »

You go Maboo! I know you and who you're talking about :-)
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: FREEDOM OF SPEECH FOR ALL POSTIES WHEREVER YOU MAY DELIV

Post by spiderj »

Well I hope you are supporting your colleague on the workplace??

In my case a couple of opg and a wannabe manager have joined forces with the bullying manager that tried it on with me.

Luckily a couple of our lads and lasses have supported me.

Wee reminder in case your reading this...as I know you will be.


This is only a job for me.
I can get another one.
This isn't the be all and end all
I will deal with you as a group or Individually
Using legal means

However,if attacked I have the right to defend myself using reasonable force

But you won't attack will you

Bullies are cowards...I've dealt with a few.

Same result every time
"I didn't know his feelings were hurt"
"Its only banter"
"I didn't mean it"
"I'm sorry it won't happen again'

Let's resolve things on a one to one basis NATIONALLY
Submit the proper forms
To union and RM

Yes it will cost a few quid
But if one bully thinks twice
Surely its worth it?
:cuppa
I won
brykins
Posts: 44
Joined: 14 Dec 2010, 14:33
Gender: Male

Re: FREEDOM OF SPEECH FOR ALL POSTIES WHEREVER YOU MAY DELIV

Post by brykins »

spiderj wrote:Well I hope you are supporting your colleague on the workplace??
Oh yes - I was on the gate with her at the last walk-out.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: FREEDOM OF SPEECH FOR ALL POSTIES WHEREVER YOU MAY DELIV

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

"Its only banter"
The rope round RMs neck and its getting shorter and shorter. Locally, Nationally and with Union involvement it needs to tackled.

Banter is only banter when its reciprocated, if its not its BULLYING.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: FREEDOM OF SPEECH FOR ALL POSTIES WHEREVER YOU MAY DELIV

Post by spiderj »

brykins wrote:
spiderj wrote:Well I hope you are supporting your colleague on the workplace??
Oh yes - I was on the gate with her at the last walk-out.
Good on you fella

Not all units are as strong
I won
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: FREEDOM OF SPEECH FOR ALL POSTIES WHEREVER YOU MAY DELIV

Post by spiderj »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
"Its only banter"
The rope round RMs neck and its getting shorter and shorter. Locally, Nationally and with Union involvement it needs to tackled.

Banter is only banter when its reciprocated, if its not its BULLYING.
Totally agree tbt
That was exactly what I stated when making my opening statement in b n h case.
I won