ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
vanman90
Posts: 147
Joined: 01 Apr 2014, 21:12
Gender: Male

Re: Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!

Post by vanman90 »

bluealbert wrote:Wouldn't you prefer a day in lieu than get payed 6 hours for working your day off ?? 6 hours is all we get payed in our office :arrrghhh :crazy:


WHY?
you should get paid your contract!!
bluealbert
Posts: 176
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
Gender: Male

Re: Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!

Post by bluealbert »

We start later,no sorting and our walk is put in for us we only deliver it. Sucks I know :crazy:
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!

Post by datasaint »

I suppose this agreement has no standing if you're on PT hours, I'm contracted 3 days a week but often do more than FT hours on OT. So I'll lose a days work next Monday?
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

norm wrote:I suppose this agreement has no standing if you're on PT hours, I'm contracted 3 days a week but often do more than FT hours on OT. So I'll lose a days work next Monday?
No, you will get a day's pay for enjoying a bank holiday off work.

Working 3 days a week, you are legally entitled to 3/5 of annual bank holidays as paid days off. Normally there are 8 bank holidays a year in England, so you are entitled to 4.8 paid.

However, I'm not convinced that 3-day PT* are getting 0.8 days annual leave credit at my depot when only 4 bank holidays fall on a Monday (Easter Monday; early May; late May; August).

And what happens when Boxing Day or both Xmas Day and New Years Day fall on a Monday, do 3-day PT not get paid for all 5/6 days respectively?

*Our 3-day PT work Mon/Tues/Sat to cover "1-in-3" long weekends for FT.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!

Post by DB1100 »

enskied wrote:
Shaman Mao wrote:Which agreement is that from? Ta.
This is the problem.."which agreement"
Management try to use every agreement to suit their own purpose to confuse you. We have a right to be paid Bank Holiday Excess, NO ARGUMENT.
Open it up,and all will be revealed.
For we were soldiers once,and young
cobberwebb
Posts: 62
Joined: 25 Sep 2013, 15:49
Gender: Male

Re: Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!

Post by cobberwebb »

bluealbert wrote:Wouldn't you prefer a day in lieu than get payed 6 hours for working your day off ?? 6 hours is all we get payed in our office :arrrghhh :crazy:
I have 2.5 days left over as it is, I don't need or want more days off. I would normally do 7.5 hours on a Monday so that is what I'll get. :arrrghhh
Luke Skywalker
Posts: 33
Joined: 23 Jan 2013, 20:59
Gender: Male

Re: Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!

Post by Luke Skywalker »

Bump.. Anyone had any joy in getting paid for next Monday?
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!

Post by DB1100 »

Luke Skywalker wrote:Bump.. Anyone had any joy in getting paid for next Monday?
You have to wait till after,tell your DOM on the Tuesday that you want paying for your rest day that fell on bank holiday Monday,and yes I have had joy in the past,I got mine backdated till the start of the new financial year.
For we were soldiers once,and young
cobberwebb
Posts: 62
Joined: 25 Sep 2013, 15:49
Gender: Male

Re: Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!

Post by cobberwebb »

I spoke to my manager today, he agreed and is paying me double for one of my normal working days next week instead of having a day in lieu. It was... too easy :nervous
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Re: Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!

Post by korky »

bluealbert wrote:Wouldn't you prefer a day in lieu than get payed 6 hours for working your day off ?? 6 hours is all we get payed in our office :arrrghhh :crazy:
most at ours struggle to book the 8 credited days off, they are forced to carry them forward to the next year, i was talking to a lad not long since, he'd already booked his 4 weeks off for the year and still had 17 days left!
monkeymutha
Posts: 317
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
Gender: Female
Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit

Re: Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!

Post by monkeymutha »

Well I have had no joy from manager or union rep so have emailed justsayit. Awaiting response.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!

Post by greengiant »

No bank holiday for me on Monday:

"Normal collections and deliveries in the AB, EH4 to EH10, EH13, EH14, EH22, EH23, EH36 to EH38, EH51, G, KA1 to KA5, KA9 to KA12, KA14 to KA30, KY11, KY12, KY99, ML, PA, PH1, PH2, PH14, TD1, TD7 to TD9, TD12 and ZE postcode areas" :sad:
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!

Post by k979aaa »

greengiant wrote:No bank holiday for me on Monday:

"Normal collections and deliveries in the AB, EH4 to EH10, EH13, EH14, EH22, EH23, EH36 to EH38, EH51, G, KA1 to KA5, KA9 to KA12, KA14 to KA30, KY11, KY12, KY99, ML, PA, PH1, PH2, PH14, TD1, TD7 to TD9, TD12 and ZE postcode areas" :sad:
Scotland had yours on the 4/8/2014 I see.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!

Post by greengiant »

k979aaa wrote:
greengiant wrote:No bank holiday for me on Monday:

"Normal collections and deliveries in the AB, EH4 to EH10, EH13, EH14, EH22, EH23, EH36 to EH38, EH51, G, KA1 to KA5, KA9 to KA12, KA14 to KA30, KY11, KY12, KY99, ML, PA, PH1, PH2, PH14, TD1, TD7 to TD9, TD12 and ZE postcode areas" :sad:
Scotland had yours on the 4/8/2014 I see.
Dinnae get mine till the 6th of October :sad:
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!

Post by fishtank »

k979aaa wrote:
greengiant wrote:No bank holiday for me on Monday:

"Normal collections and deliveries in the AB, EH4 to EH10, EH13, EH14, EH22, EH23, EH36 to EH38, EH51, G, KA1 to KA5, KA9 to KA12, KA14 to KA30, KY11, KY12, KY99, ML, PA, PH1, PH2, PH14, TD1, TD7 to TD9, TD12 and ZE postcode areas" :sad:
Scotland had yours on the 4/8/2014 I see.

They've missed EH52 and EH29. :neutral:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share