Does anyone have a link to an agreement that I could print off about this? I failed to convince my old DOM at Christmas, but I'm determined this time.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!
-
cobberwebb
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 25 Sep 2013, 15:49
- Gender: Male
Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!
Anyone had success with getting the Bank Holiday Monday paid as OT if it falls on your rest day? This is what I want, but I know I'll have to fight for it.
Does anyone have a link to an agreement that I could print off about this? I failed to convince my old DOM at Christmas, but I'm determined this time.
Does anyone have a link to an agreement that I could print off about this? I failed to convince my old DOM at Christmas, but I'm determined this time.
-
saddlerposty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!
If your day off falls on bank holiday you get a day in lieu, never imagine that they'll pay docket out without you actually doing any work.
-
apple
- Posts: 496
- Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 17:13
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pluto
Re: Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!
he is right you can get it paid cash, sorry but i can't find the info for you
-
enskied
- Posts: 1877
- Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!
Bank & Public Holidays
Normal Bank Holiday arrangements will continue to apply. Employees who work a bank holiday will continue to get either overtime or a day in lieu. The number of hours worked on the Bank Holiday will be credited back into the annual leave quota* (as a bank holiday day off in lieu). The system automatically credits hours worked back to the employee when the correct bank holiday payment is selected. Arrangements for part timers will continue to be pro-rated to ensure everyone is treated fairly regardless of the days in the week they work.
*For clarity where an individual works 2 hours or more and they choose a day in lieu they will be credited with hour’s equivalent to their average attendance for that week.
Where an individual’s rest day coincides with a Bank Holiday they will have the option of being credited with a day in lieu equivalent to the hours they would normally work on that day or alternatively they can claim BH excess equivalent to the hours they would normally work on that day
Normal Bank Holiday arrangements will continue to apply. Employees who work a bank holiday will continue to get either overtime or a day in lieu. The number of hours worked on the Bank Holiday will be credited back into the annual leave quota* (as a bank holiday day off in lieu). The system automatically credits hours worked back to the employee when the correct bank holiday payment is selected. Arrangements for part timers will continue to be pro-rated to ensure everyone is treated fairly regardless of the days in the week they work.
*For clarity where an individual works 2 hours or more and they choose a day in lieu they will be credited with hour’s equivalent to their average attendance for that week.
Where an individual’s rest day coincides with a Bank Holiday they will have the option of being credited with a day in lieu equivalent to the hours they would normally work on that day or alternatively they can claim BH excess equivalent to the hours they would normally work on that day
-
Shaman Mao
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 03 Jan 2013, 22:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!
Which agreement is that from? Ta.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
cobberwebb
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 25 Sep 2013, 15:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!
Cheers DB, just what I needed.
I knew it could be done, I just needed it in black and white to back me up.
I knew it could be done, I just needed it in black and white to back me up.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!
No problem,Coxie helped me out with it,and I confirm that it has worked for us,but they will only back date it till the start of the financial year.cobberwebb wrote:Cheers DB, just what I needed.
I knew it could be done, I just needed it in black and white to back me up.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
monkeymutha
- Posts: 317
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
- Gender: Female
- Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit
Re: Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!
So if manager says no I can't get paid it and my rep says no I can't get paid it should I a) go to area rep b) shove this document down their throats?
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!
Go to area rep,my rep hadn't heard of it at first and HR hadn't either my DOM laughed when I asked him about it,so I downloaded and emailed the agreement to my rep who sorted it out.monkeymutha wrote:So if manager says no I can't get paid it and my rep says no I can't get paid it should I a) go to area rep b) shove this document down their throats?
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
monkeymutha
- Posts: 317
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
- Gender: Female
- Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit
Re: Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!
Thanks DB1100, how would I get my area reps email address any ideas?
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!
I would ask my local rep to give it me mate,sorry I couldn't help better.monkeymutha wrote:Thanks DB1100, how would I get my area reps email address any ideas?
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!
monkeymutha wrote:Thanks DB1100, how would I get my area reps email address any ideas?
http://www.cwu.org/cwu-branches.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Use the interactive map and click through the options till you get to your branch. If they have an email it will be on the branches page.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
enskied
- Posts: 1877
- Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!
This is the problem.."which agreement"Shaman Mao wrote:Which agreement is that from? Ta.
Management try to use every agreement to suit their own purpose to confuse you. We have a right to be paid Bank Holiday Excess, NO ARGUMENT.
-
bluealbert
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Bank Holiday Monday is coming, prepare for war!
Wouldn't you prefer a day in lieu than get payed 6 hours for working your day off ?? 6 hours is all we get payed in our office
