ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postman delivers his baby girl... as wife goes into labour

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Postman delivers his baby girl... as wife goes into labour

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Postman delivers his baby girl... as wife goes into labour on bathroom floor

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor ... fe-7602019" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Postman Liam Heenan has made the ultimate ‘special delivery’.

The dad delivered his own baby girl when wife Sonia went into labour on the bathroom floor of the couple’s Tyneside home.

Liam, 33, turned midwife to see the perfect little package - baby Erin - arrive safely two weeks early.

Liam, of Elgar Avenue in Chapel House, Newcastle said: “It’s probably the best special delivery I’ll ever do.”

But he added: “It’s quite different from where I usually deliver.”

The drama unfolded at around 4.15am on Saturday, August 2 while the couple were at home.

Software developer Sonia, 28, was getting ready for bed when her labour pains began to start.

“I was fairly sure I was in labour,” she said. “It was about 3am and I decided to have a bath to soothe this pain I had.

“Liam then heard the loudest shout, so he came running through.”

It didn’t take long for Liam to realise his wife was about to give birth to their first child, so the city centre postie picked up the phone for help.

He explained: “I was all over the place at first. I didn’t really know what to do, but the call operator on 999 was brilliant and I’d like to thank her.

“She talked me through everything and kept me calm.

“When the paramedics and first responders arrived they said: ‘Oh, we’re not needed then.’”

After a whirlwind 11 minutes Erin arrived in Liam’s arms weighing 6lb 1oz, and without any complications.

Cornish-born Liam, who plays football for Hexham in the Northern Alliance, says his first duty as a parent is to make sure his daughter grows up a Queen’s Park Rangers fan.

But he faces competition from Sonia, a devoted Newcastle United supporter.

“We’re both football mad,” said Liam. “Erin will probably grow up to be too.”

The new family are now resting at home until Liam returns to the streets armed with mail on Saturday.

Looking back on an eventful fortnight, he said: “It’s the type of thing that would happen to us.

“We met in a hurricane shelter in Mexico in 2005 so we started as we meant to go on.

“When I told my dad that I’d delivered the baby he said wasn’t even shocked.

“It’s funny looking back now. If we have a second child let’s hope it’s not as eventful as that.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.