ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
door 2 doors - boxed in before or after your letters/flats?
-
blakeyboy
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Re: door 2 doors - boxed in before or after your letters/fla
Obviously election material can't be prepped together.So when you prep them into your frame do you prep one lot per day or all 5/6 at the same time?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: door 2 doors - boxed in before or after your letters/fla
I make 5/6 neat bundles of separate D2Ds and take one of the top of each bundle then slide the lot into the slot.blakeyboy wrote:Obviously election material can't be prepped together.So when you prep them into your frame do you prep one lot per day or all 5/6 at the same time?
It isn't rocket science (unless they're rocket science leaflets).
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Izzy
- Posts: 125
- Joined: 10 Jan 2008, 23:09
Re: door 2 doors - boxed in before or after your letters/fla
We have doublepreppers so you don't have freedom to decide how to do your D2D. They are boxed in for you if you are on the IPS. Today my D2D had been nested, full of mech mail and then hot choc spilt and dried all over so they stuck together. It was a faff un-nesting them, tearing them apart etc but I took my time and claimed an hour.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: door 2 doors - boxed in before or after your letters/fla
We got told that nesting d2d was not allowed, as it was the top customer complaint.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: door 2 doors - boxed in before or after your letters/fla
This is known as "nesting" and is a big no-no, each d2d should have an equal chance of being seen by households.blakeyboy wrote:You prep them all into one and hold as many as you can at back of bundle and put the rest into your bag.Pulling out more as you go along.
Some other country posties deliver d2d from separate bundles to the mail, RM are not one of them.
Not long been following a relatively new instruction of throwing in d2d first in our depot.
-
simply_the_best
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 10:29
Re: door 2 doors - boxed in before or after your letters/fla
fishtank wrote: This week we have the Pro-Independence leaflet and the Pro-Union leaflet for the Scottish referendum.
Which one should I place inside the other?![]()
Fold the Independence one as small as possible then place into the Union one
-
Altrider
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 12 Feb 2013, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: door 2 doors - boxed in before or after your letters/fla
And there's me thinking the top customer complaint was door-to-dustbins arriving each week no matter how they are prepped - that's according to my punters anyway.Jpro747 wrote:We got told that nesting d2d was not allowed, as it was the top customer complaint.
-
PhilPott
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 07 Aug 2014, 19:16
- Gender: Male
Re: door 2 doors - boxed in before or after your letters/fla
Single slots I put the D2d in before the mail - Double slots I put them directly into the bundle as I'm bundling up. Nice and neat. Nice and easy. 
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: door 2 doors - boxed in before or after your letters/fla
8 lots of D2D into a frame with all the mail in too......sounds like a recipe for misdelivering and mixing up mail. Plus well over half my frame is double slots, 16 D2D plus mail isn't happening.
We do the same as Blakeyboy, prep them all together. And no, I've never heard of a single customer complaint about it on any walk.
u
We do the same as Blakeyboy, prep them all together. And no, I've never heard of a single customer complaint about it on any walk.
u
You take out the mail from a double slot, sort the mail for one house, put all the D2D with it then repeat for every house on the walk? How many hours does it take you to tie up?PhilPott wrote:Single slots I put the D2d in before the mail - Double slots I put them directly into the bundle as I'm bundling up. Nice and neat. Nice and easy.
-
blakeyboy
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Re: door 2 doors - boxed in before or after your letters/fla
I very much doubt any customer is going to complain about this as pretty much all of them put the leaflets straight in the bin.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: door 2 doors - boxed in before or after your letters/fla
'Customer' complaints being a complaint from the customer - i.e the person paying to have the D2D delivered. I'd deffo want a refund if a leaflet advertising my pizza delivery for example was stuck inside a specsavers one. I can't believe posties still nest - and don't get complained about by the customers. Maybe they only get the big national door drops. There are loads of local companies round our way who use D2D leaflets, and they employ local people who see them drop through their door.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: door 2 doors - boxed in before or after your letters/fla
Your right hardly any recipients complain. But Customers do.blakeyboy wrote:I very much doubt any customer is going to complain about this as pretty much all of them put the leaflets straight in the bin.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 18&t=62131" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Greens anger as leaflets posted in Ukip flyer
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... it=nesting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Another Nesting Article - Ukip in Council Maagazine
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... ng#p372200" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; RM apology after Tory leaflet included in council magazine
the firm says that disciplinary action will be taken if postmen or women ignore the instructions to separate out such items.
It says: “The act of placing Door to Door leaflets inside larger items is known as nesting and I can assure you that Royal Mail actively discourages this practice. It is easy to see why delivery staff do this, as bundling the Door to Door items that they have each week together makes it much easier for them to deliver to the various addresses on their walks.
“We do however appreciate that this can lessen the impact of each mailing and can easily lead to issues, where it could be taken to imply some sort of link between the companies, which may cause embarrassment. As such, if we are made aware of this problem happening, we can ensure that the relevant delivery office managers are contacted and thereby ensure that their staff are spoken to and made fully aware that this must not be done again.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
PhilPott
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 07 Aug 2014, 19:16
- Gender: Male
Re: door 2 doors - boxed in before or after your letters/fla
Not long at all - I don't have double slots for every call on my frame. And it seems to be just as quick as slotting them all into the frame, fiddling about making sure the mail isn't jumbled up with D2D's as your throwing in, and then pulling it all out while bundling up.OnAFlyer wrote:8 lots of D2D into a frame with all the mail in too......sounds like a recipe for misdelivering and mixing up mail. Plus well over half my frame is double slots, 16 D2D plus mail isn't happening.
We do the same as Blakeyboy, prep them all together. And no, I've never heard of a single customer complaint about it on any walk.
uYou take out the mail from a double slot, sort the mail for one house, put all the D2D with it then repeat for every house on the walk? How many hours does it take you to tie up?PhilPott wrote:Single slots I put the D2d in before the mail - Double slots I put them directly into the bundle as I'm bundling up. Nice and neat. Nice and easy.
And why would I repeat for every house on the walk if it was an entire double slot frame? O only take 1/6th a day.
-
Izzy
- Posts: 125
- Joined: 10 Jan 2008, 23:09
Re: door 2 doors - boxed in before or after your letters/fla
Thanks everyone for your comments. It sounds like most people just does what suits them according to their understanding of fairly nebulous rules. Standard RM then.
-
sussexlad
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 28 Oct 2013, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Re: door 2 doors - boxed in before or after your letters/fla
I have a single slot frame, throw off that days D2D (no nesting) before anything else, then throw off letters in front of D2D and flats behind them. simple!