http://www.haringeyindependent.co.uk/ne ... ?ref=var_0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Royal Mail will trial a new early morning delivery service to minimise the impact of closing the Hornsey Sorting Office.
The service, usually only in place at Christmas time, will see parcels delivered between 7am and 9am, when people are most likely to be home.
More than 1000 residents protested against plans by Royal Mail to close the Hornsey sorting office and move services to the Bush Industrial Estate, N19.
Hornsey and Wood Green MP Lynne Featherstone says the promised new service is not enough.
She said: “Customers need the level of service and flexibility they have now and this scheme does not provide that.
“I think there needs to be more specific redelivery times, which can be specified by the customers – to avoid disruption and spending any hours waiting in for a parcel at the weekend.
“I will be watching their pilot scheme closely but at the same time I shall continue to campaign on the behalf of local people for proper replacement service.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Royal Mail promise special delivery service for Hornsey
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Royal Mail promise special delivery service for Hornsey
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail promise special delivery service for Hornsey
This is actually a good idea. Takes parcels off walking posties who generally dislike them, and gives the customer what they want.
I wonder if you could have a scenario where one P&L partner double-preps whilst the other goes out with big packets early in the morning, they alternate between every other day.
I wonder if you could have a scenario where one P&L partner double-preps whilst the other goes out with big packets early in the morning, they alternate between every other day.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail promise special delivery service for Hornsey
Not all P&L partners are drivers.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail promise special delivery service for Hornsey
We do that on days when our final trays of sequenced are going to arrive late from the mail centre. Punters are always very surprised to see a postie at their door between 7 and 8 am!norm wrote:This is actually a good idea. Takes parcels off walking posties who generally dislike them, and gives the customer what they want.
I wonder if you could have a scenario where one P&L partner double-preps whilst the other goes out with big packets early in the morning, they alternate between every other day.