ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Being pestered to come in......

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
feduppostie
Posts: 947
Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46

Re: Being pestered to come in......

Post by feduppostie »

This happened to me all the time, I got so fed up so I waited till the manager that always rang me was off, then I rang him when I got to work and asked him stuff

eventually he told me ' I am not at work do not ring me at 6am' so I told him sorry but you always ring me at 6am when I am off I thought it was ok

he has never done it again
Speedmeister
Posts: 119
Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 22:06
Gender: Male

Re: Being pestered to come in......

Post by Speedmeister »

I've had this a few times when I've been on leave - I usually leave my phone turned off until late afternoon. When I do switch my phone on I get a text asking if I can come in that morning which I just ignore. Luckily I think they've now lost my phone number. :Very Happy
They take the profits, you take the blame
When they tell you there's no rise in pay
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Being pestered to come in......

Post by datasaint »

feduppostie wrote:This happened to me all the time, I got so fed up so I waited till the manager that always rang me was off, then I rang him when I got to work and asked him stuff

eventually he told me ' I am not at work do not ring me at 6am' so I told him sorry but you always ring me at 6am when I am off I thought it was ok

he has never done it again
lol, I wonder if the same would work if I phone them asking for OT, maybe get on the weeks rota instead of having to be called in at a moments notice.
doveston
Posts: 299
Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 23:32

Re: Being pestered to come in......

Post by doveston »

In the LTB it states : 1 - All summer resourcing plans will not be based on any predetermined lapsing/absorption plans or budget targets.
2 - To provide people with advanced notice of what work they will be expected to do on a daily and weekly basis over the whole summer period and to provide additional annual leave opportunities over the summer period, including opportunities to ‘burn off’ any outstanding or carried over leave.

According to that they shouldn't even need you during the summer lull…
Why they ringing did someone refuse to take their collapsed walk?
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Being pestered to come in......

Post by Lincox »

Unfortunately what happens on paper between RM&CWU bears absolutely no resemblance to what happens at the coal face.
RetroJunkie
Posts: 165
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 16:06
Gender: Female

Re: Being pestered to come in......

Post by RetroJunkie »

doveston wrote:In the LTB it states : 1 - All summer resourcing plans will not be based on any predetermined lapsing/absorption plans or budget targets.
2 - To provide people with advanced notice of what work they will be expected to do on a daily and weekly basis over the whole summer period and to provide additional annual leave opportunities over the summer period, including opportunities to ‘burn off’ any outstanding or carried over leave.

According to that they shouldn't even need you during the summer lull…
Why they ringing did someone refuse to take their collapsed walk?
Combination of sickness and they always seem to let to many people off, always seem to be in the sh## for one reason or another.
enskied
Posts: 1879
Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
Gender: Male

Re: Being pestered to come in......

Post by enskied »

You are not allowed to work OT if you are on hols / annual leave and they should not be asking you to come in. If it's a rota week off ( Wallington ) You can work OT and they can ask. However if you make it clear beforehand that you do not want to come in for OT, they should not call you. Try ringing your dom at 06:30 and every half hour until 08:30 on their day off..They get the message eventually.