I doubt that is overstaffed. They are both working their full hours and finding it really difficult now. Perhaps what they have been told is not correct, or perhaps RM don't care if there are enough staff to do the work.dvbuk55 wrote:If there are 20 VRs on offer that must be one hell of an overstaffed office at 39 hours a pop is almost 800 hours a week times that by just 42 weeks and you have a terrific saving from just one DO.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Any voluntary redundancies in your area?
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Any voluntary redundancies in your area?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Any voluntary redundancies in your area?
Well if THAT is not overstaffed I don't know what would be. We have had revisions by the bucket load, 9 years ago we had the same sort of rumour of VRs and buy down, I applied for both, there was no VRs and just 2 of us was bought down from 40 to 25 hours and that was only because of a revision or 30 hours a week over 42 weeks is just one and half times more than a single week at that DO.baldrick wrote:I doubt that is overstaffed. They are both working their full hours and finding it really difficult now. Perhaps what they have been told is not correct, or perhaps RM don't care if there are enough staff to do the work.dvbuk55 wrote:If there are 20 VRs on offer that must be one hell of an overstaffed office at 39 hours a pop is almost 800 hours a week times that by just 42 weeks and you have a terrific saving from just one DO.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Any voluntary redundancies in your area?
20VRs in our office would equate to under 10% saving on bodies - about what I am expecting them to come for.
Perhaps the office baldrick is talking about is in a similar position.
Perhaps the office baldrick is talking about is in a similar position.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Any voluntary redundancies in your area?
Well you must have close on 200 bodies, we have 160 and we have recently recruited - all part timers of course so there is no way we could lose 16 people with such a loss of hours to the office - therefore any office who could afford to lose that many hours MUST be overstaffed, which in light of the agreements and the revisions is surprising.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:20VRs in our office would equate to under 10% saving on bodies - about what I am expecting them to come for.
Perhaps the office baldrick is talking about is in a similar position.
-
Gold Fox
- Posts: 313
- Joined: 06 Jun 2014, 20:50
- Gender: Female
Re: Any voluntary redundancies in your area?
Friend of mine , 35 years service and age 60.......turned down VR ... why? he said he would be working rather than having rough naging time with his misses at home ...he got over £100 K in his building soc account. He works 5 days ( no overtime) and loves it.
-
tpost
- Posts: 245
- Joined: 26 May 2007, 13:33
- Gender: Male
- Location: Thames house
Re: Any voluntary redundancies in your area?
A preference exercise is only used as an indicator of who is interested in VR. At the time of selection for VR the senior person has first choice. I missed out 5 years ago when a senior man decided last minute to apply and I lost out. I was pretty pissed off as I had a job to go to.PostBoxer wrote:I filled out the preference form that was sent to me earlier this year, I asked for Vr, Do you think it makes any difference or will Rm go by office seniority?
Most of the senior bods in my office have said they're not going, but if they change their minds does the preference form I filled in mean nothing?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Any voluntary redundancies in your area?
You can still have an office of over 200 staff and not be able to afford to lose that many hours.dvbuk55 wrote:Well you must have close on 200 bodies, we have 160 and we have recently recruited - all part timers of course so there is no way we could lose 16 people with such a loss of hours to the office - therefore any office who could afford to lose that many hours MUST be overstaffed, which in light of the agreements and the revisions is surprising.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:20VRs in our office would equate to under 10% saving on bodies - about what I am expecting them to come for.
Perhaps the office baldrick is talking about is in a similar position.
Your logic is at fault because you are expecting Royal Mail to act logically. Just because Royal Mail want a reduction of 10% in hours or bodies does not mean its either sustainable or that the office is overstaffed, it simply means they have a target they wish to achieve nothing more nothing less.
Yes we have over 200 staff, we are not fully DM revised yet, but we are fully compliant with other agreements.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Any voluntary redundancies in your area?
Are you saying you haven't yet had the 2010 revisions completed yet? It's not my logic at fault TBT it's the fact that your office revision is not complete and so the hours are not applied. RM would not arbitrarily ask for 20 EVRs no matter how illogical they are if the revision didn't support it.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Yes we have over 200 staff, we are not fully DM revised yet, but we are fully compliant with other agreements.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Any voluntary redundancies in your area?
dvbuk55 wrote:Are you saying you haven't yet had the 2010 revisions completed yet? It's not my logic at fault TBT it's the fact that your office revision is not complete and so the hours are not applied. RM would not arbitrarily ask for 20 EVRs no matter how illogical they are if the revision didn't support it.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Yes we have over 200 staff, we are not fully DM revised yet, but we are fully compliant with other agreements.
Yes we have not yet been BT2010 - RM stopped it (even had PWC in) as it wasn't viable in the current office. Type HD1 1AA into google earth and try to fit 100+ vehicles and 3 600s in that yard. Then remember the office is 5 postcodes over 3 floors and only 1 lift and 1 access/egress point (for both pedestrians/vehicles). Added to that you'll also realise that we are in the centre of a busy town centre with poor transport infrastructure.
We aren't likely to be BT2010'd for an absolute minimum of a year, probably more, and with new estates being built we are struggling now to fit them into existing duties. So the savings are neither logical, attainable or even being based on a BT2010 revision.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Any voluntary redundancies in your area?
You know the old saying TBT - where there's a will there's a way and with 20 jobs less you wouldn't need as many vehicles.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Any voluntary redundancies in your area?
I feel like I am butting my head against a brick wall. A non effective method of communicating so I will cease.dvbuk55 wrote:You know the old saying TBT - where there's a will there's a way and with 20 jobs less you wouldn't need as many vehicles.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
paulthepostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Any voluntary redundancies in your area?
Well i had an update from our union rep today, who had an area meeting. Apparently the mail volumes in Essex are not looking good (long term).
There was an argument that perhaps of constantly attacking the front line (us), the people who are in charge of marketing (the guys who get us the customers) should pull their finger out for a change. Although we're not sure of dates they definitely want a mass cull of voluntary redundancies.
Our office is cut to the bone and i was even asked to work a Saturday (my day off) because of this. I really hope I'm not right as i don't want to see people that have kids and mortgages in strife, but these are definitely worrying times ahead!.
There was an argument that perhaps of constantly attacking the front line (us), the people who are in charge of marketing (the guys who get us the customers) should pull their finger out for a change. Although we're not sure of dates they definitely want a mass cull of voluntary redundancies.
Our office is cut to the bone and i was even asked to work a Saturday (my day off) because of this. I really hope I'm not right as i don't want to see people that have kids and mortgages in strife, but these are definitely worrying times ahead!.
-
Deadly
- Posts: 703
- Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Any voluntary redundancies in your area?
I'm struggling to see where these job losses can come from or are Royal Mail going to recruit replacements on inferior/cheaper contracts?
-
piranha
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 496
- Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 09:30
- Gender: Male
Re: Any voluntary redundancies in your area?
Nail on head. They'll probably get a few part timers in to pick up the slack.Deadly wrote:I'm struggling to see where these job losses can come from or are Royal Mail going to recruit replacements on inferior/cheaper contracts?
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Any voluntary redundancies in your area?
Only for the management £100 million set aside for them all over the country yet you cannot get paid for the hours minutes you worked last week wonder why!