http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/492333 ... -his-death" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Against odds of 100 to one, Karen Steer, 41, conceived her child using sperm taken from John when he was dying of lung cancer.
She learned their first attempt had failed just days after his death but heartbroken Karen vowed not to give up on her pledge to give him a child.
She conceived on her fourth and final attempt at IVF and gave birth to a girl in May.
Karen said: “I’m so glad I kept my promise to John. When he died it felt like I had lost him forever but now thanks to our baby it feels like I have a part of him back.
“I cannot tell you how lucky I feel. When they placed her on my chest I fell in love immediately. She looked so much like her father with her mop of black hair and dark brown eyes.”
Karen and farm manager John had been a couple for 18 years when he was diagnosed with inoperable cancer in 2010 and told that he had between two and six months to live.
Karen, a postwoman in Swindon, Wiltshire, said: “We thought we had all the time in the world to get married and have a family. It was too much to take in.” A wedding was hastily arranged and they finally married after a 15-year engagement in September 2011. John died a week later at the age of 43.
The new mother recalled the moment she found out she was expecting. She took her husband’s ashes to the bathroom while she took a pregnancy test. “I just started to laugh and looked over to John’s ashes. I could not believe we had done it.” Karen has named her daughter Johren, a combination of their forenames. She said: “When John died I didn’t think I could feel happy again but thanks to the incredible gift he left me I have not stopped smiling.
“When she smiles her whole face smiles and I know John is with us.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postwoman has husband's baby two years after his death
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Postwoman has husband's baby two years after his death
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.