Well said Sirmiles_peters wrote:royal mail reserves get treated like s**t no matter how many years service they have. you are just a number to a manager. in my opinion managers have a lot to answer for, as do union reps who don't seem to have any clear idea of a reserves rights. quite frankly its a disgrace. reserves get treated massively unfairly, and when they question it with a manager, they are usually told 'that's how it is' and made to feel like a bad worker. managers play a game with reserves, they lie to them and use threats and intimidation to keep them in line. ive never known a job where managers treat a certain range of its staff in such a disgusting, evil way. they isolate them, and turn their colleagues against them. they put them in situations where they have a high chance of failing time and time again, they create an unhealthy amount of stress for them, and they just get away with it. the union need to step up and end this utterly vile criminal and despicable treatment of royal mail reserves.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sold down the river by the union
-
P739
- Posts: 277
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 13:48
Re: Sold down the river by the union
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Sold down the river by the union
Or we who are being treated this way can ....on a daily basis....treat others as they treat us....works sometimes....if not submit an h1.

I won
-
royalmailslave
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 20 Sep 2010, 17:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Sold down the river by the union
P739 wrote:I pay my union dues like the next postie do the same job as the next postie but DON'T have the same rights as the next postie..In our office the I am a reserve I DON'T get 1 in 6 Saturdays off and have NO set rotation for a day off...Basically I am treated like shite..About 97% of the office GET'S 1 in 6 Saturdays off including new starts (I have 13 years service) plus they have a set rotation for days off...Now my beef is surly the union is there to look after ALL IT'S MEMBERS NOT JUST SOME they signed an agreement to this affect which leaves me high and dry and to say I am raging is an understatement would the be so keen to sign this off if they were in my shoes I think not...So it's feck you jack am alright from my union thank you very much rant over
I get a 1 in 4 Saturday off and have had for 18 months
Standard
-
P739
- Posts: 277
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 13:48
Re: Sold down the river by the union
Do you have a set rota for days off ?royalmailslave wrote:P739 wrote:I pay my union dues like the next postie do the same job as the next postie but DON'T have the same rights as the next postie..In our office the I am a reserve I DON'T get 1 in 6 Saturdays off and have NO set rotation for a day off...Basically I am treated like shite..About 97% of the office GET'S 1 in 6 Saturdays off including new starts (I have 13 years service) plus they have a set rotation for days off...Now my beef is surly the union is there to look after ALL IT'S MEMBERS NOT JUST SOME they signed an agreement to this affect which leaves me high and dry and to say I am raging is an understatement would the be so keen to sign this off if they were in my shoes I think not...So it's feck you jack am alright from my union thank you very much rant over
I get a 1 in 4 Saturday off and have had for 18 months
Standard
-
royalmailslave
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 20 Sep 2010, 17:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Sold down the river by the union
P739 wrote:Do you have a set rota for days off ?royalmailslave wrote:P739 wrote:I pay my union dues like the next postie do the same job as the next postie but DON'T have the same rights as the next postie..In our office the I am a reserve I DON'T get 1 in 6 Saturdays off and have NO set rotation for a day off...Basically I am treated like shite..About 97% of the office GET'S 1 in 6 Saturdays off including new starts (I have 13 years service) plus they have a set rotation for days off...Now my beef is surly the union is there to look after ALL IT'S MEMBERS NOT JUST SOME they signed an agreement to this affect which leaves me high and dry and to say I am raging is an understatement would the be so keen to sign this off if they were in my shoes I think not...So it's feck you jack am alright from my union thank you very much rant over
I get a 1 in 4 Saturday off and have had for 18 months
Standard
Yes.....I never get a Tuesday or Wednesday off
-
tonytucker
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
- Gender: Male
- Location: Essex now
Re: Sold down the river by the union
Personal Abuse removedoldrope wrote:Get over it!!! I work in a MC and my duty is Tuesday to Saturday,days off are Sunday and Monday.rant over
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Sold down the river by the union
Tonytucker - check out the link in my signature - what you posted can get you sacked for B&H, bringing Royal Mail into disrepute and failure to abide by the terms of your contract.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Sold down the river by the union
Not much of a rant is it, you get a weekend (Sun +Mon) every week and you then get angry because someones upset he hardly ever gets 2 days off in a row.oldrope wrote:Get over it!!! I work in a MC and my duty is Tuesday to Saturday,days off are Sunday and Monday.rant over
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
oldrope
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 221
- Joined: 27 Oct 2007, 16:17
- Location: lapland
Re: Sold down the river by the union
I did not want to upset any one,the point I was trying to make is that I don't get Saturdays off.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Not much of a rant is it, you get a weekend (Sun +Mon) every week and you then get angry because someones upset he hardly ever gets 2 days off in a row.oldrope wrote:Get over it!!! I work in a MC and my duty is Tuesday to Saturday,days off are Sunday and Monday.rant over
-
Tuffers1875
- Posts: 146
- Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 15:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Sold down the river by the union
So glad we have the best gaffer ever. He is actually one of the funniest people I've ever met 