Last post for popular Merthyr Tydfil postman Keith ‘Bugler’ Thomas who is retiring after 40 years
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local ... th-7432025" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A popular postman in Merthyr Tydfil has retired after four well-served decades in the job.
Keith ‘Bugler’ Thomas, who has delivered the post in the Pentrebach area for 40 years, has announced he has decided to hang up his post bag.
Local residents say his presence will be missed on his daily rounds.
Friend of Mr Thomas, Mervyn Saunders, wished him all the best for the future.
“I think I can speak on behalf of all the residents of Pentrebach in wishing Keith Thomas a long and happy retirement after 40 years of excellent service.
“Bugler has delivered the last post. Well done good and faithful servant,” he said.
Mr Thomas earned the nickname ‘Bugler’ from his time playing the instrument in the Boy’s Brigade.
“His lengthy and successful tenure as postman will leave him fondly remembered by many as he enjoys his retirement,” Mr Saunders added.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Last post for popular Merthyr Tydfil postman Keith ‘Bugler’
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Last post for popular Merthyr Tydfil postman Keith ‘Bugler’
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.