But not what the neighbour may want :-)Acca Dacca wrote:ted_e_bear wrote:Anyone know what the actual reason is for doing this, obviously it means we'll bring less items back to the d.o. are they considering reducing the amount of callers office staff ?
''its what the customers want'' and to reduce complaints is the line.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
-
motch
- Posts: 332
- Joined: 08 May 2008, 23:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
You can say the same about passports and court summons sent by recorded delivery.Lincox wrote:What's the situation with recorded letters. For example, someone is sent a letter from the Courts. Is that person really going to want this delivered to a neighbour, or is this deliver to a neighbour only about parcel deliveries?
I'm damn sure the customer doesn't want these articles delivered to neighbours ( the customer being the Passport Office and the Court)
-
bigcol
- Posts: 404
- Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 13:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: Officially the worst DO
Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
Then they should use the correct product and not try to do it on the cheap.eastie wrote:You can say the same about passports and court summons sent by recorded delivery.
I'm damn sure the customer doesn't want these articles delivered to neighbours ( the customer being the Passport Office and the Court)
-
delboy1969
- Posts: 95
- Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 17:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
This delivery to neighbour nonsense drives me round the twist! I just use common sense! Not rocket science!
Instead of wasting god knows how much money on an advertising campaign proclaiming that 'we love parcels' when in actual fact for us all they are nothing but a pain in the ass because of the regular internet shoppers who make absolutely no effort to make any arrangements for how they want their parcels delivered. Granted they probably don't know they can send a letter to their local delivery office giving instructions so that wasted money would be better spend advising customers on how to make arrangements.
I rarely deliver to a neighbour unless I know the neighbour is happy to take the parcel or a neighbour comes out and offers to take the parcel. And recorded letters I will never deliver to a neighbour even if they offer to take it.
Instead of wasting god knows how much money on an advertising campaign proclaiming that 'we love parcels' when in actual fact for us all they are nothing but a pain in the ass because of the regular internet shoppers who make absolutely no effort to make any arrangements for how they want their parcels delivered. Granted they probably don't know they can send a letter to their local delivery office giving instructions so that wasted money would be better spend advising customers on how to make arrangements.
I rarely deliver to a neighbour unless I know the neighbour is happy to take the parcel or a neighbour comes out and offers to take the parcel. And recorded letters I will never deliver to a neighbour even if they offer to take it.
-
villan
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 15 Oct 2011, 17:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
Passports are sent by Special Delivery. Your old/cancelled passport is returned to you second class, no signature required.eastie wrote:You can say the same about passports and court summons sent by recorded delivery.
I'm damn sure the customer doesn't want these articles delivered to neighbours ( the customer being the Passport Office and the Court)
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
courts wont use special or recorded delivery even court summons wont be tracked eithervillan wrote:Passports are sent by Special Delivery. Your old/cancelled passport is returned to you second class, no signature required.eastie wrote:You can say the same about passports and court summons sent by recorded delivery.
I'm damn sure the customer doesn't want these articles delivered to neighbours ( the customer being the Passport Office and the Court)
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
Has anyone been conducted for not doing this and will our mighty union back the management up on this issue?
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
Wonder if they practice what they preach ours just leave all the packets in and the tracked when they get told to do a walk a new standard for some in royal mail.
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
Just read the thread and apologies if I've missed it but has mandatory DTN been agreed with the union or not??
As said previous - where do RM think the extra time required to perform DTN has come from??
As said previous - where do RM think the extra time required to perform DTN has come from??
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
Probably all the people who come in one hour early.WOBBLY wrote:Just read the thread and apologies if I've missed it but has mandatory DTN been agreed with the union or not??
As said previous - where do RM think the extra time required to perform DTN has come from??
-
justdeno
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
- Gender: Female
Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
I try to DTN, most times ok, but once DNT, next day found packet on doorstep. So I had to 739 the packet in the end. Then another time tracked packet, next day husband came out and said neighbours never in so please take it back. So yet again had to 739 the next day. We do not have time day after day messing with this stupid idea. Can't wait for Christmas.
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
Had a 2nd attempt delivery of a recorded letter a fortnight ago, the recipient is always still in bed when I knock and just ignores the door. Seeing as he'd asked for a redelivery I thought they needed it so left it with a neighbour. Today said neighbour hands the letter back as the recipient went on holiday the day after I left and didn't pick it up. Neighbour was worried about keeping what could be an important letter for so long.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
This is at least the second post on this subject I've read tonight, regarding OPGs accepting post back off the neighbour...Sidley wrote:Had a 2nd attempt delivery of a recorded letter a fortnight ago, the recipient is always still in bed when I knock and just ignores the door. Seeing as he'd asked for a redelivery I thought they needed it so left it with a neighbour. Today said neighbour hands the letter back as the recipient went on holiday the day after I left and didn't pick it up. Neighbour was worried about keeping what could be an important letter for so long.
I was under the impression we should not accept mail back off an addressee for RTS mail, so why the heck would I accept an item back off a DTN recipient after they have agreed to look after it?
Very murky waters!
-
Redyam
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 97
- Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 23:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
I think Royal Mail don't realise how many house are empty. I tried 4 houses to get rid of a packet, none of them were in. I don't see how Royal Mail can conduct you for it - just say you tried a neighbour and you got no answer.
-
Mezza
- Posts: 405
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 21:56
- Location: West London
Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
The whole idea was arse about face to start with.
Instead of saying customers could opt out and get a lovely sticker for their letterbox which says take packets back to D/O.
It would have made more sense to say if your happy to have items delivered to a neighbour here's a sticker that you can write the door number of the neighbour we should go to.
Giving customers the option of opting out was never going to be practical, they should have been given the option of opting in - no RM sticker saying where to take items, then they go back to D/O - simples.
Instead of saying customers could opt out and get a lovely sticker for their letterbox which says take packets back to D/O.
It would have made more sense to say if your happy to have items delivered to a neighbour here's a sticker that you can write the door number of the neighbour we should go to.
Giving customers the option of opting out was never going to be practical, they should have been given the option of opting in - no RM sticker saying where to take items, then they go back to D/O - simples.