Why anybody comes in early is a mystery to me?eastie wrote:As long as you are doing your job properly and not coming in early or cutting cornersBishbashbbosh wrote:A duty that I finish by 12.30, but the regular can't seem to finish until gone 3, albeit a lot older than me.Bahia Feliz wrote:How is that then?Bishbashbbosh wrote: someone gets paid 3 hours more than me for doing the same round, not exactly fair IMO
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Time to be scared
-
Bishbashbbosh
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 28 Jun 2014, 18:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Time to be scared
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Time to be scared
I would imagine that this guy has derived his name from the way that he does his walk. Bish Bash Bosh, job done boss. He does not understand that the job is not a race and he obviously constantly compares his performance against others. Get a life mate, work at a reasonable pace mate yes, but the job is not a race and if others take a bit more time to make sure that the job is done correctly they should not be constantly ridiculed by the likes of you.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Time to be scared
Either a troll or a certain breed of manager
Answer the following please, so we can gauge
1.do you laugh and ridicule me when I inform you of a dog attack?
2.do you intimidate me(try anyway) when I claim dockett on a duty which was "built" by you without planners and you guessed the loops/times
3.insult me and talk I'll of me to other managers and then wonder why I ignore you for a month.
4.look at me incredously when I ask you to step to a quiet area so I can tell you I'm considering a greivance due to your childish insulting manner?
5.expect me to work for nothing and not get paid for overtime worked
If you reply with "grow a pair " etc......if you are a troll you should apply for a links job today...
Any other reply I just don't care because I work for my money but you don't own me.

Answer the following please, so we can gauge
1.do you laugh and ridicule me when I inform you of a dog attack?
2.do you intimidate me(try anyway) when I claim dockett on a duty which was "built" by you without planners and you guessed the loops/times
3.insult me and talk I'll of me to other managers and then wonder why I ignore you for a month.
4.look at me incredously when I ask you to step to a quiet area so I can tell you I'm considering a greivance due to your childish insulting manner?
5.expect me to work for nothing and not get paid for overtime worked
If you reply with "grow a pair " etc......if you are a troll you should apply for a links job today...
Any other reply I just don't care because I work for my money but you don't own me.
I won
-
hellpop
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 13 Nov 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Time to be scared
i think that you are forgetting that tnt have recently had some very negative press reports.stories of mail being dumped in woods and fields have been rife.that doesnt happen with our people.most of our posties have built up a good rapport with their customers .methinks you are being too critical.
-
pinstripe
- Posts: 2474
- Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
- Gender: Male
- Location: 2 left turns from reality
Re: Time to be scared
Bishbashbbosh wrote:With TNT in particular gunning for our business. The reluctance to do a good days graft from many of our workers is quickly going to be the downfall of RM. ........................................... Unfortunately they are the same things that make our customers go elsewhere and putting us into a declining state of business. Isn't it time we all did our best to save our jobs rather than adding to the already difficult climate in which our competition are laughing at us?
No. The downfall of RM is caused by greed, privatisation and poor management.
Our "customers" go elsewhere solely based on price. They come back due to the poor service offered by our competitors.
We've already tried to save our jobs. Right now we are all so annoyed that management think it's all our fault. If only we could deliver at 10mph for 36 hours a day, 10 days a week, for £1.00 a hour, then their bonuses would be safe. Oh wait, I meant the USO would be safe.
-
seaside
- Posts: 266
- Joined: 31 May 2013, 18:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Time to be scared
royal mail can survive if we all take a huge paycut and go on zero hour contracks,will you start the ball rolling,bishbosh.
-
Bishbashbbosh
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 28 Jun 2014, 18:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Time to be scared
Brilliant, so it's not just my office, it's the same view across the country. In some ways I can't wait for the day that some of you have to pick up that job journal and see what else your incredibly poor intelligence and work-ethic can get you 
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Time to be scared
HOPE YOUR THE FIRSTBishbashbbosh wrote:Brilliant, so it's not just my office, it's the same view across the country. In some ways I can't wait for the day that some of you have to pick up that job journal and see what else your incredibly poor intelligence and work-ethic can get you
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Time to be scared
Job journal?Bishbashbbosh wrote:Brilliant, so it's not just my office, it's the same view across the country. In some ways I can't wait for the day that some of you have to pick up that job journal and see what else your incredibly poor intelligence and work-ethic can get you
Your syntax betrays you
I won
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: Time to be scared
Moron?spiderj wrote:Job journal?Bishbashbbosh wrote:Brilliant, so it's not just my office, it's the same view across the country. In some ways I can't wait for the day that some of you have to pick up that job journal and see what else your incredibly poor intelligence and work-ethic can get you
Your syntax betrays you
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Time to be scared
There is nothing more the OPG can do for this company. The vast majority of posties on the frontline are working their arses off for this company, go home exhausted, some even come in early and run round, some do overtime for free, offices barely have the staff they should have anyway, we are all working too hard if anything! Its the brain dead management taking RM down a one way street to self destruction. We've got DOMs bullying staff who do a decent job leading to stress and workers going sick. We've got managers and planners coming up with unrealistic targets and workloads leading to mail being left behind leading to poor customer service. We've got pointless money wasting crap going on like WCM. The list goes on.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Time to be scared
Wont name the delivery office but they are doing 11 lapsed walks every day to cover for illness , bullying and stress since P/L . This has steadily risen due to too much work for less and less staff
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Time to be scared
Although this post is quite provocative to cause an argument by accusing posties of not working hard enough it does raise the real concern of TNT delivering their own contracts by 2017.
I think the real reason that such are large proportion of our mail bag is TNT dsa is down to the fact that it is US delivering it cheaper than we are allowed to charge for ourselves. We also offer a dependable reliable 6 day per week service which the public (despite moaning) trust. TNT do not yet have this structure to sell.
The question is should we “risk it” and refuse to handle TNT mail and see how long their contracts stick with them before coming running to us. The longer that we allow these leaches like TNT to ride on our backs the stronger they become.
I think the real reason that such are large proportion of our mail bag is TNT dsa is down to the fact that it is US delivering it cheaper than we are allowed to charge for ourselves. We also offer a dependable reliable 6 day per week service which the public (despite moaning) trust. TNT do not yet have this structure to sell.
The question is should we “risk it” and refuse to handle TNT mail and see how long their contracts stick with them before coming running to us. The longer that we allow these leaches like TNT to ride on our backs the stronger they become.
Last edited by krussel on 07 Jul 2014, 08:36, edited 1 time in total.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Time to be scared
Looking at the other suggestion of this post in the lack of efficiency of Posties on delivery is not so clear.
We have looked at the “I can finish that walk an hour quicker than Bob” argument before and normally there is a good reason for this. The most likely is an age gap or the way Bob conducts himself over the ground by not walking on peoples lawns and stepping over fences or not door stepping etc.
If your office has undergone the revision then I doubt that many deliveries are in fact inefficient as most are stretched to 4 hours +. Bear in mind that we are in the summer period so the mail (other than packets) will traditionally be lighter.
No. I think the Posties have been pushed far enough already and some beyond that. The only way we could meet TNT's overheads head on would be to adopt their working conditions of min wage and zero hour contracts. I am sure no one wants that.
If your looking for hard savings within a delivery office then I think you need to take a closer look at management. Normally by 10am a line managers role is about 80% complete. Other than the 12.30pm conference call and some house keeping tasks (customer complaints etc) you will most likely find managers prepping walks for posties on overtime. The next logical step would be for the manager to take these walks out and deliver them.
Now I am sure plenty on here would relish in the thought of a manager going out on a delivery on a wet and windy day but the bigger picture would be a large reduction of overtime in the office which would have a negative effect on the people that need the money the most.
We have looked at the “I can finish that walk an hour quicker than Bob” argument before and normally there is a good reason for this. The most likely is an age gap or the way Bob conducts himself over the ground by not walking on peoples lawns and stepping over fences or not door stepping etc.
If your office has undergone the revision then I doubt that many deliveries are in fact inefficient as most are stretched to 4 hours +. Bear in mind that we are in the summer period so the mail (other than packets) will traditionally be lighter.
No. I think the Posties have been pushed far enough already and some beyond that. The only way we could meet TNT's overheads head on would be to adopt their working conditions of min wage and zero hour contracts. I am sure no one wants that.
If your looking for hard savings within a delivery office then I think you need to take a closer look at management. Normally by 10am a line managers role is about 80% complete. Other than the 12.30pm conference call and some house keeping tasks (customer complaints etc) you will most likely find managers prepping walks for posties on overtime. The next logical step would be for the manager to take these walks out and deliver them.
Now I am sure plenty on here would relish in the thought of a manager going out on a delivery on a wet and windy day but the bigger picture would be a large reduction of overtime in the office which would have a negative effect on the people that need the money the most.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Time to be scared
By the tone of that reply you seem to want Royal Mail to be able to break the law to survive. Off to the Mills mines with you grandad.Bishbashbbosh wrote:A duty that I finish by 12.30, but the regular can't seem to finish until gone 3, albeit a lot older than me.Bahia Feliz wrote:How is that then?Bishbashbbosh wrote: someone gets paid 3 hours more than me for doing the same round, not exactly fair IMO
Could it be that it takes him 3 hours longer because of his age, if so, not to pay him overtime would be illegal. Also to make the duty completable by a younger person, but not an older is also illegal.
http://www.ageuk.org.uk/Documents/EN-GB ... ?dtrk=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.