ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Time to be scared

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Time to be scared

Post by arnold cheshire »

Burnleyfc wrote:What are u going on about pal u new to this job because the people I work with are lazy because they've grafted there bollocks off for the last twenty years to be treated like crap as you also get older there's a thing called a relief well used to be. You'll soon realise people slow down because this jobs slowly killing us because we are getting more and more including lapsing which basically is aloud of crap and saves minimum finances. We shud be getting rid of these high earning managers who do sweet fa all day . Our office runs itself and it would run a lot better without these crappy managers . Wake up smell the coffee son
yes there not lazy the walks are getting unbearable too big
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: Time to be scared

Post by Sidley »

Bishbashbbosh wrote:Exactly the response I expected
You go fishing and whinge when you get a bite?

Don't set yourself up as the paragon of virtue when you know next to nothing and assume everything about us from a message board. Personally I think I earn every penny of my paltry <£250 a week wage and I hope none of us, including yourself, bear the brunt, whether we are deemed worthy by your esteemed self or not.
Bishbashbbosh
Posts: 80
Joined: 28 Jun 2014, 18:06
Gender: Male

Re: Time to be scared

Post by Bishbashbbosh »

Worked for how long? Is that why I hear so many stories about the 'glory days' when you were home by 10 and spent most of the morning in the 'mess room'? You wouldn't know what a hard days work was. Yes I've not been here all that long, but that's why in comparison I can see that the job is a good one and those that have never worked anywhere else haven't got a clue, maybe one day soon you will have to though. I agree completely with managers standing around doing sweet FA and there will be a lot less of them doing that aswell soon!
Last edited by Bishbashbbosh on 06 Jul 2014, 19:38, edited 1 time in total.
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: Time to be scared

Post by Judgee »

Bishbashbbosh wrote:Worked for how long? Is that why I hear so many stories about the 'glory days' when you were home by 10 and spent most of the morning in the 'mess room'? You wouldn't know what a hard days work was. Yes I've not been here all that long, but that's why in comparison I can see that the job is a good one and those that have never worked anywhere else haven't got a clue, maybe one day soon you will have to though. I agree completely with managers standing around doing sweet FA but there's a lot more money to be saved at the level that most of the workforce is


AHHHhhhh seniority envy, now all has become clear! :whistle
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: Time to be scared

Post by wabbithunta »

Bishbashbbosh wrote:With TNT in particular gunning for our business. The reluctance to do a good days graft from many of our workers is quickly going to be the downfall of RM. People moaning about lapsing, some unwilling to finish their own duty or booking ridiculous amounts of OT for a duty we know can be done in good time, others walking at a snails pace round our streets, or door stepping, signing for items to save time, etc etc. all these things are people's way of 'beating the managers' or knocking off as early as possible. Unfortunately they are the same things that make our customers go elsewhere and putting us into a declining state of business. Isn't it time we all did our best to save our jobs rather than adding to the already difficult climate in which our competition are laughing at us? Or is it time that the ones that don't mind a good days graft started looking at joining the other side?
With TNT in particular gunning for our business.
OffCom should be petitioned about TNT cherrypicking our work then
The reluctance to do a good days graft from many of our workers is quickly going to be the downfall of RM
Hardly as quite a lot of them probably have deliveries that are way to large due to other deliveries being cut and then having extra deliveries added to their own duties.
People moaning about lapsing, some unwilling to finish their own duty or booking ridiculous amounts of OT for a duty we know can be done in good time
EVERYONE moans about lapsing.. even you, albeit you being a DIM or Lino. Nobody I know is unwilling to finish their own duty, provided they can complete it, assuming it's not one of the ones that has way too much on it already and that they are able to go out at the scheduled time to deliver mail.
As for "booking ridiculous amounts of OT for a duty" :funneh we :left: know can be done in good time. is a pretty good giveaway that your management.
You (Management) are the very people that authorise and sign off overtime and yet you moan about it on here!
None of the posties in my DO walk at a "snails pace", I suppose you want us to "walk" at the ridiculous pace suggested a few years back.. ie keep the pace at 4MPH. Impossible to do.
door stepping, signing for items to save time, etc etc. all these things are people's way of 'beating the managers' or knocking off as early as possible.
All of these shouldn't be done as you should know we'd be finding ourselves facing a Conduct Code charge. You should be telling, or rather instructing the posties in your DO NOT to do that and to do that would be a Conduct Code case.
Unfortunately they are the same things that make our customers go elsewhere and putting us into a declining state of business.
Yeah? That's why couriers doorstep customers or don't even bother to deliver the items sometimes. I suppose you'd be happy if everyone was on zero hour contracts like other mail carriers and courier firms. It'd make you day a lot easier I bet. As for the competition "laughing at us". Blame the Government and your bosses at the top of the chain for not being vocal enough about it to Whitehall and OffCom as they've made it too easy for "the competition" to take work from us.
Or is it time that the ones that don't mind a good days graft started looking at joining the other side?
Are you advocating that RM posties leave and join the "other side". You won't have a job for long then... or are you already going over to "the other side"

Management speak all over your post.



:Boo hoo!
What you're really saying is that you're ticked off because you have to actually go out and do a days graft, because a postie is not in due to illness etc, and there's nobody available to cover lapsed duties or cutoffs and this means you cannot sit in the office playing games on your smartphone and drinking :cuppa and eating all day, like you no doubt do.
:Boo hoo! :no no
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
Bishbashbbosh
Posts: 80
Joined: 28 Jun 2014, 18:06
Gender: Male

Re: Time to be scared

Post by Bishbashbbosh »

Sidley wrote:
Bishbashbbosh wrote:Exactly the response I expected
You go fishing and whinge when you get a bite?

Don't set yourself up as the paragon of virtue when you know next to nothing and assume everything about us from a message board. Personally I think I earn every penny of my paltry <£250 a week wage and I hope none of us, including yourself, bear the brunt, whether we are deemed worthy by your esteemed self or not.
Maybe I did expect a response like this, but I though that some of you may actually realise the reality is that we are in a very difficult position and many jobs are already under threat because of the likes of TNT. It seems no one will "wake up and smell the coffee" until it is too late.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16726
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Time to be scared

Post by clashcityrocker »

We've lost 60 000 jobs over the last 5/10 years.
The coffee has been brewing for a very long time.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: Time to be scared

Post by wabbithunta »

clashcityrocker wrote:We've lost 60 000 jobs over the last 5/10 years.
The coffee has been brewing for a very long time.
I'd say it's now well and truly stewed, and that's the awful smell you get to sniff when you walk in to the DO then? :crazy:
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
Bishbashbbosh
Posts: 80
Joined: 28 Jun 2014, 18:06
Gender: Male

Re: Time to be scared

Post by Bishbashbbosh »

Wabbithunter, I applaud your attempt there, but it's not just management that get fed up of people on the same money as us, doing half the work. I don't expect a Lino or a DOM to do my work, and you right, I don't go off work every time I get a sniffle, or fancy a day trip with the family. I also agree that managers should do more about OT and conduct because someone gets paid 3 hours more than me for doing the same round, not exactly fair IMO
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Time to be scared

Post by arnold cheshire »

Bishbashbbosh wrote:Wabbithunter, I applaud your attempt there, but it's not just management that get fed up of people on the same money as us, doing half the work. I don't expect a Lino or a DOM to do my work, and you right, I don't go off work every time I get a sniffle, or fancy a day trip with the family. I also agree that managers should do more about OT and conduct because someone gets paid 3 hours more than me for doing the same round, not exactly fair IMO
strange comment :left:
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Time to be scared

Post by Bahia Feliz »

Bishbashbbosh wrote: someone gets paid 3 hours more than me for doing the same round, not exactly fair IMO
How is that then?
halfull
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 858
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Time to be scared

Post by halfull »

Bahia Feliz wrote:
Bishbashbbosh wrote: someone gets paid 3 hours more than me for doing the same round, not exactly fair IMO
How is that then?
suppose he means they are fulltime and he is partime maybe?
Bishbashbbosh
Posts: 80
Joined: 28 Jun 2014, 18:06
Gender: Male

Re: Time to be scared

Post by Bishbashbbosh »

Bahia Feliz wrote:
Bishbashbbosh wrote: someone gets paid 3 hours more than me for doing the same round, not exactly fair IMO
How is that then?
A duty that I finish by 12.30, but the regular can't seem to finish until gone 3, albeit a lot older than me.
Bishbashbbosh
Posts: 80
Joined: 28 Jun 2014, 18:06
Gender: Male

Re: Time to be scared

Post by Bishbashbbosh »

wabbithunta wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:We've lost 60 000 jobs over the last 5/10 years.
The coffee has been brewing for a very long time.
I'd say it's now well and truly stewed, and that's the awful smell you get to sniff when you walk in to the DO then? :crazy:
Fair point, but most of these have been voluntary, there will be a time where you have no option
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Time to be scared

Post by eastie »

Bishbashbbosh wrote:
Bahia Feliz wrote:
Bishbashbbosh wrote: someone gets paid 3 hours more than me for doing the same round, not exactly fair IMO
How is that then?
A duty that I finish by 12.30, but the regular can't seem to finish until gone 3, albeit a lot older than me.
As long as you are doing your job properly and not coming in early or cutting corners