ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
royalmailslave
Posts: 126
Joined: 20 Sep 2010, 17:09
Gender: Male

Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?

Post by royalmailslave »

ysbrydtawel wrote:It drives me crazy when someone preps my round differently from how I would. They frequently missort, put flats in front of letters, flats behind D2Ds, and cram parcels into the frame that are too big to fit through the letterbox.

Personally I like the biggest item at the back, smallest at the front. Oh, and D2D always at the back, even if it's smaller, because then there's no confusion in the bundle about where it's for. Little packets can go in the frame, but I prefer to keep these to a minimum, and never put a packet in the frame that won't fit through the letterbox.

Obviously that's just my personal way, and everyone has their own preferred method. What's yours?

To be honest..that's pretty much the way I was trained up,I believe this is the right way...and it bugs me when people do it differently
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?

Post by terry2972 »

Thanks for the advice that's what I will be doing in future
Anonymouse
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 174
Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
Gender: Male

Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?

Post by Anonymouse »

paul1231 wrote:Prefer my D2Ds at the back as well(postie I work with always puts flats behind them! grr) and massive bundles really get to me, what's the logic in holding the mail for the 100th house on that loop when its a mile away
yeah, i hate having to carry a huge bundle of mail. especially when it's windy or raining.
One guy i used to work with said it was psychological. 3 huge bundles didn't look as bad a 7 smaller ones :Very Happy
Hitcher
Posts: 1537
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?

Post by Hitcher »

Anonymouse wrote:
paul1231 wrote:Prefer my D2Ds at the back as well(postie I work with always puts flats behind them! grr) and massive bundles really get to me, what's the logic in holding the mail for the 100th house on that loop when its a mile away
yeah, i hate having to carry a huge bundle of mail. especially when it's windy or raining.
One guy i used to work with said it was psychological. 3 huge bundles didn't look as bad a 7 smaller ones :Very Happy
When I've asked for smaller bundles they sometimes reply they wont be able to fit them all in the bag!
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?

Post by terry2972 »

if the bundle is to big just split it when you are out and about
Hitcher
Posts: 1537
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?

Post by Hitcher »

I do but it's simpler to do it when bundling up.

Some people seem to think everyone has Geoff Capes arms!
Ralph Wiggum
Posts: 76
Joined: 25 Nov 2008, 15:01
Gender: Male

Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?

Post by Ralph Wiggum »

Its quite simple, throw it any any way, doesnt matter to me. Flats, packets, letters, recorded, just shove the lot in its slot and bundle up.
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?

Post by dave72 »

Hitcher wrote:Don't go back on yourself, just mark it 'Missort' and date it.
I call it "the tomorrow bundle"
Patti-Ann
Posts: 68
Joined: 17 May 2014, 09:57
Gender: Female

Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?

Post by Patti-Ann »

Krafty wrote:When delivering (van share) the loops on the delivery not prepped by me, the one thing that irritates me is when 'flats' are put in upside down - I have to turn the bundle of mail round (when delivering) to be able to see the address.
Why put it in the frame upside down?
I work as a porter, so when I'm not throwing my delivery out but round emptying pigeon holes (for nine walks, so takes time) two others take over my throwing out. One of them is left handed and I sometimes find things in upside down, so maybe that could be why :neutral:
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?

Post by OnAFlyer »

Hitcher wrote:Don't go back on yourself, just mark it 'Missort' and date it.
Anyone doing that in our office and taking it back before their time is up will be suspended if caught. We had that briefing a few weeks ago. That was after two posties were sacked for wilful delay.
lala
Posts: 189
Joined: 19 Oct 2012, 19:57
Gender: Male

Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?

Post by lala »

OnAFlyer wrote:
Hitcher wrote:Don't go back on yourself, just mark it 'Missort' and date it.
Anyone doing that in our office and taking it back before their time is up will be suspended if caught. We had that briefing a few weeks ago. That was after two posties were sacked for wilful delay.
I would think that a redirection would need checking at that address rather than a missort....
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?

Post by OnAFlyer »

lala wrote:
OnAFlyer wrote:
Hitcher wrote:Don't go back on yourself, just mark it 'Missort' and date it.
Anyone doing that in our office and taking it back before their time is up will be suspended if caught. We had that briefing a few weeks ago. That was after two posties were sacked for wilful delay.
I would think that a redirection would need checking at that address rather than a missort....
I find there are more dogs loose these days.