For residential customers maybe. For business customers, its a no-no . If you look into "Access Headroom" and it will become clear.Gold Fox wrote:Win back customers.... RM should think about reduction in postal rates and I sure RM can do it .
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
TNT is here ..and to stay !!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: TNT is here ..and to stay !!
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2227
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: TNT is here ..and to stay !!
After this current agreement runs out well all be shafted,zero hours contracts,etc etc
-
raikky
- Posts: 212
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 01:09
- Gender: Female
Re: TNT is here ..and to stay !!
goldfox royal mail has little control of competing on price. when they raise the price for dsa tnt moan their heads off and Ofcom investigate. when royal mail complain Ofcom tell them to shut up and just get on with it.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16726
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: TNT is here ..and to stay !!
I think this "current agreement" will end around Christmas time.Chelseablue wrote:After this current agreement runs out well all be shafted,zero hours contracts,etc etc
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: TNT is here ..and to stay !!
that longclashcityrocker wrote:I think this "current agreement" will end around Christmas time.Chelseablue wrote:After this current agreement runs out well all be shafted,zero hours contracts,etc etc
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: TNT is here ..and to stay !!
I would expect Royal Mail would prefer to push the union into invalidating the current agreement rather than test its legal implications themselves. I think the MTSF agreement is up for review in January, I don't think it's covered specifically by the legal obligations. It will be interesting to see what's put on the table and what the union is willing to swallow to keep the charade going another few months....clashcityrocker wrote:I think this "current agreement" will end around Christmas time.Chelseablue wrote:After this current agreement runs out well all be shafted,zero hours contracts,etc etc
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: TNT is here ..and to stay !!
Good luck to any competitors, rm WASTE too much on managers who do very little, get 3k yearly bonus, yet put up prices EVERY year and service is getting worse because it's DELIVERERS are pushed too hard, until this changes they're going bust. Get me out , just pay me off!
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
pauled5
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 21:55
Re: TNT is here ..and to stay !!
Why doesnt rm promote its mailsort sevice to the big companies. Im no expert but say tnt have a contract with eon and they charge £2m. We could do it for say £1.75m. by using mailsort service at least we collect,sort and deliver the mail without tnt getting involved.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: TNT is here ..and to stay !!
Access Headroompauled5 wrote:Why doesnt rm promote its mailsort sevice to the big companies. Im no expert but say tnt have a contract with eon and they charge £2m. We could do it for say £1.75m. by using mailsort service at least we collect,sort and deliver the mail without tnt getting involved.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: TNT is here ..and to stay !!
that's too simple, try telling watchandwin that , i've been trying years and all my leads come back marked with "we can't be assed"pauled5 wrote:Why doesnt rm promote its mailsort sevice to the big companies. Im no expert but say tnt have a contract with eon and they charge £2m. We could do it for say £1.75m. by using mailsort service at least we collect,sort and deliver the mail without tnt getting involved.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
heckster
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 18:01
- Gender: Male
Re: TNT is here ..and to stay !!
are we looking at evr here? because after 35 years i want it
-
royalmailslave
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 20 Sep 2010, 17:09
- Gender: Male
Re: TNT is here ..and to stay !!
Gold Fox wrote:Its fact that TNT is to expand and impact will be on MCs and DOs. Will we survive in few years time ? Less work in MCs and not enogh to deliver in DOs? Anybody know the answer ? whats the future like ?? staffing level ?
At the end of the day....they're not geared up to go the final mile...and they won't be for a while,were still delivering there TNT stamped downstream access for god sake....as long as were doin that I'm far from worried
In any case it's a well known fact that RM want a majority PT workforce ...so all them boys who've done serious time,will have to be paid off......I reckon VR's arnt far off either.....I'd have to seriously think of that if offered ,depending on the money
-
windermeredave
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 265
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: TNT is here ..and to stay !!
Only two years to do, offer me the VR and the 104 weeks, i will be gone in a heart beat 
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: TNT is here ..and to stay !!
Can you wait that long?
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: TNT is here ..and to stay !!
You're far from worried that TNT are robbing us of the most profitable part of the mail delivery process and leaving us with the least profitable (possibly even loss making) part??royalmailslave wrote:Gold Fox wrote:Its fact that TNT is to expand and impact will be on MCs and DOs. Will we survive in few years time ? Less work in MCs and not enogh to deliver in DOs? Anybody know the answer ? whats the future like ?? staffing level ?
At the end of the day....they're not geared up to go the final mile...and they won't be for a while,were still delivering there TNT stamped downstream access for god sake....as long as were doin that I'm far from worried
In any case it's a well known fact that RM want a majority PT workforce ...so all them boys who've done serious time,will have to be paid off......I reckon VR's arnt far off either.....I'd have to seriously think of that if offered ,depending on the money