Why not, most of us already are. I've worked in quite a few jobs over the years and apart from maybe on building sites, very few are as physically draining as working for RM. And believe me if we were getting £7 p.h like TNT posties I doubt very few of us would be here. For £7 p.h I'd rather work in a supermarket than run around like we do on a daily basis.blackadder wrote:not good you saying we can do a 8 hour shift in 5 hoursNewbie001 wrote:Not sure you have to worry there. RM have such high turnover of staff that even if there was job cuts I think most would be OK. And the fact they are always begging everyone to work their day off and go over shows that there is a serious lack of manpower as it is.terry2972 wrote:I am fairly new to this job anybody got any thoughts on when job cuts will start and should I start looking for another job which would be a shame as I do enjoy the job
Also I think previous post hit the nail on the head. RM's main aim is to rewrite the US or get it removed. Whether that would be to our advantage or share holders, well i'm sure we know the answer to that one.
And people keep bringing up the fact that we are so well paid. Well I very much doubt you'll see any TNT posties in the near future running around trying to deliver to 600-700 delivery points in 4-5 hours. I think the fact we easily do an 8 hour shift in 5 means we deserve every penny we get.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postal workers fear axe as delivery firms hit the road
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Postal workers fear axe as delivery firms hit the road
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Postal workers fear axe as delivery firms hit the road
I hope OPGs in affected depots are thinking a little further ahead than finishing every shift nice and early by not following delivery methods protocol.