ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Driver or walker . What do you prefer?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
edo4442
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 12:59

Re: Driver or walker . What do you prefer?

Post by edo4442 »

Thanks for your reply :-)

The suggestion about the template is a good one, which I will pursue, although no doubt it will take forever to get one, however I have seen them in the past.

Yeah the guy I'm with is an asshole, he is the only person that refuses to use a trolley, however it is widespread in our office that no one goes back except for the driver, even though they have been told to go back, they refuse, which I don't think is fair, why should I do all his work ?

Have told the rep, who agrees, but does nothing. In fact all agree, but do nothing, it pees me off no end, to know that they bail out the van in the street, and I have to go back. Do you think I could just abandon the van in the street, no ! lol

The overtime is a constant fight, I get told to flex up etc. I have to fight tooth, and nail to get my due overtime, and sometimes, have had to resort to saying that I will come in later the next day, that usually works, although on one occasion, they did just take me up on that offer :-(