Thanks for the advice roll on weds my first day does anybody no if ile go out on my first dayNondescript wrote:Wigan delivery office has had park and loop for quite a while so you won't be on your own, you'll have a partner to show you the ropes.wiganlad wrote:Thanks for the advice I'm looking forward to it just hope I don't get dumped somewere on my own with a big bag ofgreengiant wrote:Don't be surprised if all your mail isn't prepped for you arriving. At least it's good experience for you having to do some prepping in case a full time contract comes up! At least that's what I say to myself arriving with two trays full of mail & a bag of packets to be done.wiganlad wrote:Hi
Could somebody give me some advice I've been offered a contract for 24 hours a week
Spread over 5 days so will my mail be sorted for me and I just deliver also could I be asked to work
Overtime on my day off
Anyway, once you get out the office and on your round its a great job, fresh air, plenty of exercise!
Mail in some area I ain't got a clue were I am
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
hours
-
wiganlad
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 13 Jun 2014, 07:54
- Gender: Male
Re: hours
-
lollollol
- Posts: 155
- Joined: 27 Sep 2011, 19:24
- Gender: Male
Re: hours
There is an old agreement knocking about somewhere that states that your first day should be spent in the office to familiarise yourself with your surroundings and introductions to colleagues etc... not known it to happen though... if your DIM is half-decent he'll put you on a walk and leave you on it for a few weeks if not months... the job has changed since the introduction of Park n Loop... you're no longer working on your own which is a shame imo... hope you get a good partner... will make all the difference... good luck...wiganlad wrote:Thanks for the advice roll on weds my first day does anybody no if ile go out on my first dayNondescript wrote:Wigan delivery office has had park and loop for quite a while so you won't be on your own, you'll have a partner to show you the ropes.wiganlad wrote:Thanks for the advice I'm looking forward to it just hope I don't get dumped somewere on my own with a big bag ofgreengiant wrote:Don't be surprised if all your mail isn't prepped for you arriving. At least it's good experience for you having to do some prepping in case a full time contract comes up! At least that's what I say to myself arriving with two trays full of mail & a bag of packets to be done.wiganlad wrote:Hi
Could somebody give me some advice I've been offered a contract for 24 hours a week
Spread over 5 days so will my mail be sorted for me and I just deliver also could I be asked to work
Overtime on my day off
Anyway, once you get out the office and on your round its a great job, fresh air, plenty of exercise!
Mail in some area I ain't got a clue were I am