ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
-
blakeyboy
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
How are you making more work for yourself?Your making
more work for yourself prepping them in frame when
you don't need to.Plus putting in frames leads to mistakes
with letters getting wedged in between them and getting
posting in the wrong house without you knowing it.
more work for yourself prepping them in frame when
you don't need to.Plus putting in frames leads to mistakes
with letters getting wedged in between them and getting
posting in the wrong house without you knowing it.
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1537
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
It's got to be quicker prepping them in a frame than farting about with them on delivery with a bundle of mail in your hand!
Besides which, if you're getting out early because you're not prepping them properly you're likely to get more put on your duty.
Besides which, if you're getting out early because you're not prepping them properly you're likely to get more put on your duty.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16726
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
I like to have stamped first class letters then flats followed by second class stamped letters and flats.
I then put franked letters and flats followed by DSA letters and flats. D2D at the back.
It is surprising that so few people have adopted this common sense approach.
I then put franked letters and flats followed by DSA letters and flats. D2D at the back.
It is surprising that so few people have adopted this common sense approach.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
blakeyboy
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
your obviously a full timer if you have the time to
prep them all into your frame.
prep them all into your frame.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
wind up postclashcityrocker wrote:I like to have stamped first class letters then flats followed by second class stamped letters and flats.
I then put franked letters and flats followed by DSA letters and flats. D2D at the back.
It is surprising that so few people have adopted this common sense approach.
-
freeindeed
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 17:39
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
I'm diligently trying to get my speed up to scratch. I'm fine out delivering, but find my frame prepping slow compared to older posties. I know speed will increase over time, but any other tips for speeding up my prep?
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
You don't have to 'fart about' with them at all. It's far easier and more logical to have them behind the bundle then you can't get letters mixed with D2D. People's frames look a right state with letters, packets and 5 or 6 lots of D2D's all shoved in. It's no wonder they take forever to tie up.Hitcher wrote:It's got to be quicker prepping them in a frame than farting about with them on delivery with a bundle of mail in your hand!
Besides which, if you're getting out early because you're not prepping them properly you're likely to get more put on your duty.
-
Rory
- Posts: 90
- Joined: 09 Aug 2012, 12:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
clashcityrocker wrote:I like to have stamped first class letters then flats followed by second class stamped letters and flats.
I then put franked letters and flats followed by DSA letters and flats. D2D at the back.
It is surprising that so few people have adopted this common sense approach.
LOL
-
Tuffers1875
- Posts: 146
- Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 15:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
Some people band every house up individually in our orifice
now that is farting about IMO.
-
freelunch
- Posts: 358
- Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:39
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
Your approach is correct. Accuracy and attention to detail come before speed.freeindeed wrote:I'm diligently trying to get my speed up to scratch. I'm fine out delivering, but find my frame prepping slow compared to older posties. I know speed will increase over time, but any other tips for speeding up my prep?
As you already accept, 'speed will increase over time'.
"Everybody has a plan.. until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
-
freelunch
- Posts: 358
- Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:39
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
I prefer to sort by colour first, whites at the front, brown envelopes to the back, the more colourful mail in the middle.clashcityrocker wrote:I like to have stamped first class letters then flats followed by second class stamped letters and flats.
I then put franked letters and flats followed by DSA letters and flats. D2D at the back.
It is surprising that so few people have adopted this common sense approach.
Same with the d2d, only behind the browns. If I have say 2 whites at the front I'll put any stamped ahead of DSA so priority comes second to colour for me.
Simple, but effective, I think
"Everybody has a plan.. until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
-
Krafty
- Posts: 88
- Joined: 13 Sep 2013, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
When delivering (van share) the loops on the delivery not prepped by me, the one thing that irritates me is when 'flats' are put in upside down - I have to turn the bundle of mail round (when delivering) to be able to see the address.
Why put it in the frame upside down?
Why put it in the frame upside down?
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
I throw it in, don't care if flats are in front of letters and I have a separate bundle of d2ds at the back
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
Most annoying thing for me as a part timer is when my mail is prepped for me and there is missorts and I end up doubling back
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1537
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
Don't go back on yourself, just mark it 'Missort' and date it.