ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
My Sick pay being stopped
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: My Sick pay being stopped
By his own admission he didn't inform the manager until after he had gone, which would have been politic to do so.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: My Sick pay being stopped
QUOTE/ This week my wife had some annual leave, so she's taken me to see her family for a few days. I'm still resting and unable to work; I just happen to be at a different address. I was honest with my boss about this, but he said this counts as holiday and if I'm fit enough to go on holiday, I'm fit enough to work. I argued that it isn't a holiday, I'm just resting up and being looked after by family instead. He later called back and said he's cancelling my sick pay because I didn't request his permission to leave my address. He likened it to flying off to Spain for a holiday whilst ill! He's been harassing me quite a lot during my sick period, arguing with what the experts have told me.
By the sound of this DVB, he contacted the manager to inform him and be honest that he had gone away for a few days, so he has shown due respect and contacted the manager. This bastrd has rung him back to say that he did not request permission to leave his house. That is strictly out of order and does not constitute a part of the agreement. House arrest surely is bullying and harrassment and should be dealt with by the CWU (if he is a member) in the strongest of terms.,
By the sound of this DVB, he contacted the manager to inform him and be honest that he had gone away for a few days, so he has shown due respect and contacted the manager. This bastrd has rung him back to say that he did not request permission to leave his house. That is strictly out of order and does not constitute a part of the agreement. House arrest surely is bullying and harrassment and should be dealt with by the CWU (if he is a member) in the strongest of terms.,
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: My Sick pay being stopped
He did contact the manager but only after he had gone whereas I believe it would have been more appropriate before. He hasn't actually said where he went and if it was abroad.Lincox wrote:By the sound of this DVB, he contacted the manager to inform him and be honest that he had gone away for a few days, so he has shown due respect and contacted the manager. This bastrd has rung him back to say that he did not request permission to leave his house. That is strictly out of order and does not constitute a part of the agreement. House arrest surely is bullying and harrassment and should be dealt with by the CWU (if he is a member) in the strongest of terms.,