However alternative delivery addresses should always be attempted except where the delivery OPG has reviewed or risk-assessed the alternative neighbour delivery options and has significant concerns over either their own safety, or the security of the item.
It's going to get interesting when the first complaint comes in, the OPG is hauled into the office and asked to explain why he didn't attempt to deliver to a neighbour and he simply answers... I didn't have time.
Where will the business take that discussion and how much support will we have from Gibbo and the union?
It's a pure f***ing farce is what it is.
However alternative delivery addresses should always be attempted except where the delivery OPG has reviewed or risk-assessed the alternative neighbour delivery options and has significant concerns over either their own safety, or the security of the item.
It's going to get interesting when the first complaint comes in, the OPG is hauled into the office and asked to explain why he didn't attempt to deliver to a neighbour and he simply answers... I didn't have time.
Where will the business take that discussion and how much support will we have from Gibbo and the union?
It's a pure f***ing farce is what it is.
Being a spare and doing different rounds all the time I personally wouldn't have a clue if a neighbor was appropriate. So I'll keep bringing stuff back till I'm told otherwise.
I am amazed that Recorded has just had a name change to Signed for - it would have been better to change it to a version of tracked. Perhaps tracked at PO, on prep at frame, and on delivery - with signature or not. In fact although its more work I think all barcoded scanned items should be scanned by the duty delivering prior to leaving the office this would help in the customer service field, and its not beyond the ken of software engineers to have a tally page so the postie/manager can keep a track of them.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
This delivering to neighbours can be embarrassing when its the same old addresses that get knocked up to take parcels and they soon get pissed off especially in these small closes where you might only have a couple of people in .
Quite often see notes on doors saying things like WE DONT TAKE NEIGHBOURS PARCELS
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I am amazed that Recorded has just had a name change to Signed for - it would have been better to change it to a version of tracked. Perhaps tracked at PO, on prep at frame, and on delivery - with signature or not. In fact although its more work I think all barcoded scanned items should be scanned by the duty delivering prior to leaving the office this would help in the customer service field, and its not beyond the ken of software engineers to have a tally page so the postie/manager can keep a track of them.
I think tracking of every single last item apart from d2d when the items have been posted in the UK will come with a year, 2 years tops, when you think that RM must be the only courier/delivery company that doesn't track every last item through it's network as standard
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I am amazed that Recorded has just had a name change to Signed for - it would have been better to change it to a version of tracked. Perhaps tracked at PO, on prep at frame, and on delivery - with signature or not. In fact although its more work I think all barcoded scanned items should be scanned by the duty delivering prior to leaving the office this would help in the customer service field, and its not beyond the ken of software engineers to have a tally page so the postie/manager can keep a track of them.
I think tracking of every single last item apart from d2d when the items have been posted in the UK will come with a year, 2 years tops, when you think that RM must be the only courier/delivery company that doesn't track every last item through it's network as standard
I have heard this a few times. Personally I cannot see how that can be practical, but maybe a new technology will make this a possibilty.