Boy, 16: 'I lost a finger at illegal East Croydon rave but carried on dancing'
http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/Boy- ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A TEENAGER ended up in hospital after his little finger was ripped off during the illegal rave in East Croydon.
The 16-year-old was listening to drum and bass music inside the former Royal Mail delivery office on Saturday when a fire alarm went off.
He said: “Everyone was like, ‘Rip it off! Rip it off!’, so I thought I’d give it a go.
“I was completely sober at the time. I jumped up, grabbed it and my little finger got caught in the case because it was all broken.
“As I came to rip it back down, my little finger got ripped off completely.
“It’s the weirdest feeling: one second you’re fine and your little finger is there, and the next it’s gone. It shoves reality up your backside.”
Despite being in agonising pain, the teenager wrapped up his wound using his t-shirt and carried on dancing for another half an hour.
He told Vice magazine: “I’ve only been here for an hour, I’ve paid £10 for this night, I’ve lost my little finger - am I seriously going to go? Nah I’m going to skank until I can’t skank anymore. After that, my mate dragged me down to the paramedics.
“I said to [the paramedic] is there any chance you can bandage it up and I can just rave on?
“He was like, “Nah, you’re going to hospital mate.
“There was a chance of septicaemia because of the dirt, so he got some medical acid, poured it right onto the finger and all the flesh around it melted right in front of my eyes. That was the worst pain I’ve ever felt in my life.”
The teenager later posted a picture of his bandaged finger on the internet alongside: “I want my finger back. **** happens.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Boy, 16: 'I lost a finger at illegal East Croydon rave
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Boy, 16: 'I lost a finger at illegal East Croydon rave
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Boy, 16: 'I lost a finger at illegal East Croydon rave
Good grief, the news is full of evolutionary dead ends today isn't it?
-
saddlerposty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Boy, 16: 'I lost a finger at illegal East Croydon rave
pity it wasn't his head 
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Boy, 16: 'I lost a finger at illegal East Croydon rave
Can he sue Royal Mail for compensation?
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Boy, 16: 'I lost a finger at illegal East Croydon rave
As his injury stems from illegal trespass and criminal damage, I'd say no.
All he'd get is a book of stamps anyway
All he'd get is a book of stamps anyway
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Boy, 16: 'I lost a finger at illegal East Croydon rave
I call B/S on that. Looks like he's hiding his little finger under the bandage.
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: Boy, 16: 'I lost a finger at illegal East Croydon rave
Lets hope he doesn't breed.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Boy, 16: 'I lost a finger at illegal East Croydon rave
You mean shame it was his finger.NWpostie wrote:Lets hope he doesn't breed.
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Boy, 16: 'I lost a finger at illegal East Croydon rave
Nah he'll probably use his willy to dislodge a slice of toast stuck in the toaster.
"I paid 10p for that thick sliced white, what would you do? I learned pretty quickly not to stick my fingers into things I shouldn't so....."
Edit: Pipped to the post by LL!
"I paid 10p for that thick sliced white, what would you do? I learned pretty quickly not to stick my fingers into things I shouldn't so....."
Edit: Pipped to the post by LL!
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Boy, 16: 'I lost a finger at illegal East Croydon rave
He could still become a postman. Have you noticed in this job how little, if at all, you use the little finger?