ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Decent Socks

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Decent Socks

Post by bustedflush »

oldrope wrote:I get mine from Premark,they have a"W" at the top and are £4 ish for 5
£4 ish for 5?

What's the point of buying 2 1/2 pairs?
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Decent Socks

Post by datasaint »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/5-11-Tactical-B ... B00GGLMSYI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These are so good you can wear them twice before washing as they don't trap sweat like cotton socks do. Really comfortable too.
Tog
Posts: 6
Joined: 29 May 2010, 15:21
Gender: Male

Re: Decent Socks

Post by Tog »

I just bought some work socks from Lidl 2.99 for three pairs. They are ankle socks and seem fine so far with Anvil footwear.
Timelord
Posts: 143
Joined: 28 Aug 2008, 17:17
Gender: Female
Location: Gallifrey

Re: Decent Socks

Post by Timelord »

Sealskinz are good for wet weather, keep your feet nice and dry and I find them comy, though I wear a thin cotton pair underneath. Bit pricy, but worth it.
'I tolerate this century but I don't enjoy it'
The Doctor in 'An Unearthly Child'

A species set on endless growth is.... UNSUSTAINABLE
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Decent Socks

Post by OnAFlyer »

norm wrote:http://www.amazon.co.uk/5-11-Tactical-B ... B00GGLMSYI

These are so good you can wear them twice before washing as they don't trap sweat like cotton socks do. Really comfortable too.
Would anyone seriously wear a pair of socks to work twice? :chuckle

I'm amazed at this thread, 1) that people are paying £15+ a pair for work socks! and 2) that others are killing pairs inside a month!

I just get the thick black ones from Matalan/Sports Direct etc, usually around £5 for 3 pairs. I buy loads of pairs the same and they last me ages as I just throw away any individual ones that develop holes.