ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
on a lighter note
-
rhino49
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1644
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: At home with my feet up
Re: on a lighter note
The entry system key for a block of flats I deliver to is on the same fob as the spare van key - I spent a futile few moments stood in front of the building wondering why the entrance to the flats wasn't responding to my pressing the electronic key for the van .... and I've done it more than once (It's about the time in the walk where I get delirious each day).
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: on a lighter note
Driving up a long, bumpy farm track, look in the tray for the mail and you realise you don't even have any mail for them 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: on a lighter note
auto walking up a path when you have no mail for them
then sneaking away hoping no one has spotted me.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
sophie97
- Posts: 169
- Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 15:10
- Gender: Female
Re: on a lighter note
Yep I do this alot! then I think damm I could of saved a few steps!TrueBlueTerrier wrote:auto walking up a path when you have no mail for themthen sneaking away hoping no one has spotted me.
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: on a lighter note
sophie97 wrote:Yep I do this alot! then I think damm I could of saved a few steps!TrueBlueTerrier wrote:auto walking up a path when you have no mail for themthen sneaking away hoping no one has spotted me.
I did this four times today, it was a head in the clouds moment each time too, as I was thinking of my long weekend off and what I'll be doing. So maybe "please engage brain" should be going through my head and checking the mail before I get to their paths..
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: on a lighter note
parking up to deliver and getting back int what I thought was my post van??? wrong,just another van parked near mine 
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: on a lighter note
That lovely sound of dogs nose hitting the back of the door AFTER the mail has cleared it!
followed by whimpering.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: on a lighter note
ive never heard that5plusbonusball wrote:That lovely sound of dogs nose hitting the back of the door AFTER the mail has cleared it!followed by whimpering.
-
Lance Jack
- Posts: 60
- Joined: 13 Nov 2012, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Re: on a lighter note
You have to do it in somebody's porch, ring the bell and run awaybringon4dayweeks wrote:farting on the way round
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: on a lighter note
This ones a bit weird.
Chewing over a problem on the way round from all angles and then acting out a conversation with the misses including every answer she could come up with. Then at a later date swearing we have discussed it when we have not.
Chewing over a problem on the way round from all angles and then acting out a conversation with the misses including every answer she could come up with. Then at a later date swearing we have discussed it when we have not.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
Timmy21
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 10 Jul 2013, 14:51
- Gender: Male
Re: on a lighter note
Eating lunch on way out then buying pies again.
-
alloria
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 22:48
- Gender: Male
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: on a lighter note
lol I've pressed the key fob at the half-york when putting it back as opposed to pulling the yellow lever down, strangley nothing happened

-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
Re: on a lighter note
I have tried 2 new ways of amusing myself lately
1. Walk of faith..How far can you walk with your eyes shut ?
2. Dribbling a stone...How far can you kick a pebble/small stone around your loop without having to deviate from your route to take the next kick ?
I blame the sunshine
1. Walk of faith..How far can you walk with your eyes shut ?
2. Dribbling a stone...How far can you kick a pebble/small stone around your loop without having to deviate from your route to take the next kick ?
I blame the sunshine
We're all here because we're not all there
-
delboy1969
- Posts: 95
- Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 17:40
- Gender: Male
Re: on a lighter note
leaving the radio on way too loud as when I go off and loop
knocking on the wrong door with a parcel for someone else
knocking on the wrong door with a parcel for someone else