ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Cutting Off Next Week Whos Cutting off
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Cutting Off Next Week Whos Cutting off
Been told "it has been agreed" that we will take out 40% standard D2D on Mon and Tues, with 20% on Weds. If we have 4 or more standard D2D, will get indoor help. Any o/t on these days is paid at standard o/t rates.Do o/t on Thurs/Fri with the Sun, you get SA rate for it.
Why are we not delivering any D2D on Sat as per normal?
Why are we delivering 40% (instead on ~17% on a normal week, 25% on a bank hol week) on Mon/Tues?
Why are the OPGs that go the extra mile to complete on Mon/Tues/Weds not getting the same SA rate o/t?
Throwing in 40% D2D is going to eat up lots of indoor time compared to normal, especially if you are have several. 40% D2D where all thrown in are delivered (rather than the normal "take where you are going anyway" is going to have a massive impact on call rates and the outdoor time on Tues especially.
I can see there being massive arguments for those wanting to finish at or very close to their time this coming week, even outside this Sun special D2D week, there are walks that already need ~25% cut-offs in the "quiet summer."
Why are we not delivering any D2D on Sat as per normal?
Why are we delivering 40% (instead on ~17% on a normal week, 25% on a bank hol week) on Mon/Tues?
Why are the OPGs that go the extra mile to complete on Mon/Tues/Weds not getting the same SA rate o/t?
Throwing in 40% D2D is going to eat up lots of indoor time compared to normal, especially if you are have several. 40% D2D where all thrown in are delivered (rather than the normal "take where you are going anyway" is going to have a massive impact on call rates and the outdoor time on Tues especially.
I can see there being massive arguments for those wanting to finish at or very close to their time this coming week, even outside this Sun special D2D week, there are walks that already need ~25% cut-offs in the "quiet summer."
-
visigoth
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Cutting Off Next Week Whos Cutting off
FWIW we had a circular this morning stating that offices can CHOOSE to do "regular" D2D (we have 3 next week) Mon-Wed OR as normal.
I find comments about "protecting jobs" ... fascinating. Does anyone actually know how much PROFIT D2D generates?
I find comments about "protecting jobs" ... fascinating. Does anyone actually know how much PROFIT D2D generates?
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Cutting Off Next Week Whos Cutting off
I do but find the people who do the work are not rewarded enough care to enlighten us all how much royalmail makes from all this s**t!visigoth wrote:FWIW we had a circular this morning stating that offices can CHOOSE to do "regular" D2D (we have 3 next week) Mon-Wed OR as normal.
I find comments about "protecting jobs" ... fascinating. Does anyone actually know how much PROFIT D2D generates?
-
visigoth
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Cutting Off Next Week Whos Cutting off
I can't cos I don't know. That's why I asked.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Cutting Off Next Week Whos Cutting off
Here you work it out per walk office the land http://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/ ... l2014a.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For bands see here you will need EXL in Microsoft office http://www.royalmail.com/marketing-serv ... or-to-door" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hope this makes any of your own decisions for yourselves.
For bands see here you will need EXL in Microsoft office http://www.royalmail.com/marketing-serv ... or-to-door" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hope this makes any of your own decisions for yourselves.
Last edited by k979aaa on 07 Jun 2014, 21:02, edited 1 time in total.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Cutting Off Next Week Whos Cutting off
They can't stop you cutting off and if the management start arguing with you that is bullying and harassmentIloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote: I can see there being massive arguments for those wanting to finish at or very close to their time this coming week, even outside this Sun special D2D week, there are walks that already need ~25% cut-offs in the "quiet summer."
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Cutting Off Next Week Whos Cutting off
I 100% agree with you.eastie wrote:They can't stop you cutting off and if the management start arguing with you that is bullying and harassmentIloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote: I can see there being massive arguments for those wanting to finish at or very close to their time this coming week, even outside this Sun special D2D week, there are walks that already need ~25% cut-offs in the "quiet summer."
-
mrpostiepat
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 13 Aug 2013, 23:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Cutting Off Next Week Whos Cutting off
I've been informed today that we will be lapsing as normal Mon - Weds as well as clearing d2d's. We're not starting any earlier to get the extra d2d's prepped and delivered. Doesn't sound right to me. Do I have no choice and just cut off?
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Cutting Off Next Week Whos Cutting off
Exactly, the letter brief we received said must, making out we had no choice. We shall see come 8am Monday morningDirtyHarry wrote:'MUST.'dave72 wrote:
We have 3 lots (was originally to be 5) and told they have to be done Mon, Tues, Weds and we must come in 30 minutes early to prep. No chance
-
Bobbyk
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 29 May 2014, 13:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Cutting Off Next Week Whos Cutting off
Isn't there an agreement that you are obliged to take 20% of door to doors a day? Therefore they can't force you to take more.
Regardless of what the few managers in disguise on here are saying - this is not about 'safeguarding jobs so we must make it work'. It's a sign of things to come that will open the floodgates to being taken advantage of if it goes through successfully. The contract with the sun is a complete farce and the union should've blocked it or at Ieast made sure that posties are compensated for it.
Regardless of what the few managers in disguise on here are saying - this is not about 'safeguarding jobs so we must make it work'. It's a sign of things to come that will open the floodgates to being taken advantage of if it goes through successfully. The contract with the sun is a complete farce and the union should've blocked it or at Ieast made sure that posties are compensated for it.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Cutting Off Next Week Whos Cutting off
Of course you can cut off.mrpostiepat wrote:I've been informed today that we will be lapsing as normal Mon - Weds as well as clearing d2d's. We're not starting any earlier to get the extra d2d's prepped and delivered. Doesn't sound right to me. Do I have no choice and just cut off?
Personally I've got Monday off, so will go in Tuesday, start bang on time as usual and assuming it's like a normal light Tuesday will prep and deliver loads of extra D2D as RM are asking. This then means I will have made zero time by Wed, so at that point it's highly likely I'll be cutting off every day for the rest of the week.
We work a flexibility arrangement in our office that works reasonably well, we often finish early Tues and Sat but will go a bit over to complete Wed-Fri if needed. However next week we'll make nothing early in the week so there will be no reason to flex at anytime.
What is massively sad is that a workmate told me yesterday he was back at the office at 2.30, and saw another postie sorting through all next weeks D2D's then prepping them. Our rep and some of us literally shout at every WTLL session for people not to keep working for free and it's like talking to a brick wall.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16726
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Cutting Off Next Week Whos Cutting off
No.Bobbyk wrote:Isn't there an agreement that you are obliged to take 20% of door to doors a day?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
coxybaby
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 17 Dec 2013, 15:57
- Gender: Female
Re: Cutting Off Next Week Whos Cutting off
I've refused. Had the quickest 'yep thought you would, don't worry about it' ever off my DOM.NewPostieUK wrote:I'm wondering how many people are refusing. How many people even know that can refuse?doorstepped wrote:
I have refused to deliver it
I'm almost wishing I was at work next week just so I could refuse.
Helps that he's originally from Liverpool and I've just moved from Liverpool to Coventry 8 months ago!
You wouldn't catch me touching that s**t! Not even if we were being paid per item!
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: Cutting Off Next Week Whos Cutting off
I think myself, that because we live in such uncertain times, some people just want to believe their being exploited by a profit hungry corporate company like ours, will guarantee job security, something that has been almost completely taken away from us, by the very people currently exploiting us.visigoth wrote:FWIW we had a circular this morning stating that offices can CHOOSE to do "regular" D2D (we have 3 next week) Mon-Wed OR as normal.
I find comments about "protecting jobs" ... fascinating. Does anyone actually know how much PROFIT D2D generates?
Rather sad, really.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Cutting Off Next Week Whos Cutting off
I can't put into words how much I detest that piece of **** rag. I'm not from Liverpool, but as a genuine football supported I would obviously have problems delivering it. That doesn't come close to covering my issues though. I'm an ex-miner, son and grandson of a miner. I feel sick just thinking of those 1000's just piled up by the frames in my office.
I'm all for not turning away work, I managed to deliver UKIP, BNP and even Conservative election stuff. Sometimes however, there is a line you just do not cross.
I'm all for not turning away work, I managed to deliver UKIP, BNP and even Conservative election stuff. Sometimes however, there is a line you just do not cross.