ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

£20 note!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: £20 note!

Post by Pat Ostman »

Chelseablue wrote:I once found 20 p

One £1 coin in seven years.
Should have handed it to police,and told lino. It can be regarded as "theft by finding"
However the above is your answer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8129534.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: £20 note!

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Killersurfbunny wrote:Last week while on delivery I spotted a £20 note lying in the middle of the pavement, not on private property and nobody nearby so I picked it up.
Three days later while back in the same area a woman getting in her car starts shouting at me, she reckons her husband saw me, from their house, pick up the money and that it belonged to her.
She didn't give me a chance to speak! As she drove off she shouted 'you'll be sacked for this'.
Now I'm pretty certain that even if she complains I'll be ok because anyone could have dropped it, but should I have handed it in to lino because I was in uniform?
Incidentally 'cos this has been bugging me ever since I donated £20 to prostate cancer charity.
Coins can be kept but banknotes should be handed to the police to avoid being a thief :shock:
Her husband might have seen you but so long as he's not in the IB, planted it and filmed you pocket it then you shouldn't have much to worry about. :cuppa
Subsequently donating the £20 to a charity implies guilt so keep quiet about that. :no no
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: £20 note!

Post by datasaint »

So rather than "finders keepers, losers weepers", a more legally accurate adage might be the rather less succinct "finders may become keepers if they try to find the owner, but losers still have the best claim unless they have abandoned the item".
lol catchy.
paulsmd
Posts: 88
Joined: 12 Oct 2008, 09:04
Gender: Male

Re: £20 note!

Post by paulsmd »

Killersurfbunny wrote:Last week while on delivery I spotted a £20 note lying in the middle of the pavement, not on private property and nobody nearby so I picked it up.
Three days later while back in the same area a woman getting in her car starts shouting at me, she reckons her husband saw me, from their house, pick up the money and that it belonged to her.
She didn't give me a chance to speak! As she drove off she shouted 'you'll be sacked for this'.
Now I'm pretty certain that even if she complains I'll be ok because anyone could have dropped it, but should I have handed it in to lino because I was in uniform?
Incidentally 'cos this has been bugging me ever since I donated £20 to prostate cancer charity.
Picking up litter is a good thing to do. Picking up litter and taking it home with you is even a better thing to do.
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: £20 note!

Post by Jpro747 »

Screw everyone, I once found £80 in Tesco... Handed it in to the reception desk and didnt get anything for my good deed, just a pat on the back from the staff there. Should have just pocketed it an legged it.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: £20 note!

Post by spiderj »

Theft by finding
:thumbdown
Last edited by spiderj on 02 Jun 2014, 12:47, edited 1 time in total.
I won
catch22
Posts: 196
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 21:12
Gender: Male

Re: £20 note!

Post by catch22 »

Sidley wrote:Deny all sounds good. f**k her, f**k him, I bet the mouthy witch wouldn't hand in a lost note and a man stooping to pick up a scrap of paper/dropped letter is just that. No proof, don't provide them with any.

you dont know what the silly cow is talking about. you dropped a letter... you dont even remember dropping the letter... what was the question again?
catch22
Posts: 196
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 21:12
Gender: Male

Re: £20 note!

Post by catch22 »

i found £20 on the floor, whilst on delivery... in the middle of the road...
i found £10 on the floor... in the middle of the road.....
i found £5 on the floor.... on my break in the middle of the road....
i treated my kids.

i found £1 on the drive of someone house... i showed it to their neighbour and posted it through their letter box
i found £2 on someones path, i left it on their step.
i found £10in someones front garden, i tapped on their window and gave it them back...
i found a wallet- with £50 in it....and lots of bank cards. i used his details to trace him, contact him and return it.

i found a mobile phone, i knocked on the door i thought it belonged to and gave it back....

i dont believe finding money is theft... i believe finding money that is clearly someone elses is theft...
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: £20 note!

Post by krussel »

Cant say I ve ever found a £20 or even a £10. Used to deliver to a pub and in the days when we used to get out early on a sat often found some coinage just outside by the kerb. Guess folks were sloshed and sharing out of cab money or something. :hmmmm
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
Kobi72
Posts: 43
Joined: 16 Sep 2012, 11:01
Gender: Male

Re: £20 note!

Post by Kobi72 »

What the hell has it got to do with work..nothing! You found some money so what,it they can't say eff all
cliffeyhez
Posts: 98
Joined: 03 Oct 2011, 04:07
Gender: Male

Re: £20 note!

Post by cliffeyhez »

To avoid being accused of theft by finding, you should take reasonable steps to find the owner. Reasonable steps can be as little as saying "Has anybody lost this £20 note" in the immediate vicinity of where you found it. That's how it was when I was a bobby, and I don't think anything has changed. :thumbup
Richard007
Posts: 84
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:34
Gender: Male

Re: £20 note!

Post by Richard007 »

Send it to me im skint :nana
2old4this
Posts: 130
Joined: 08 Dec 2009, 13:49
Gender: Male

Re: £20 note!

Post by 2old4this »

Killersurfbunny wrote:Last week while on delivery I spotted a £20 note lying in the middle of the pavement, not on private property and nobody nearby so I picked it up.
Three days later while back in the same area a woman getting in her car starts shouting at me, she reckons her husband saw me, from their house, pick up the money and that it belonged to her.
She didn't give me a chance to speak! As she drove off she shouted 'you'll be sacked for this'.
Now I'm pretty certain that even if she complains I'll be ok because anyone could have dropped it, but should I have handed it in to lino because I was in uniform?
Incidentally 'cos this has been bugging me ever since I donated £20 to prostate cancer charity.
How the hell would they possibly prove any of this. I wouldn't give it a second thought.
redandblue
Posts: 104
Joined: 24 Jul 2013, 21:42
Gender: Male

Re: £20 note!

Post by redandblue »

Deny everything, then P739 everything the miserable cow sends away for :thumbup
dblad
Posts: 448
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
Gender: Male

Re: £20 note!

Post by dblad »

Don't bother about what the do-gooders on here say, I'd have gone to the pub and downed a few with it.