ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

saturday specials

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: saturday specials

Post by NewPostieUK »

Lounge Lizard wrote: what's the problem with delivering Special Deliveries on a Saturday ?
When I pay for a service that says 'next working day' on a Friday, I expect it to be delivered as addressed, next working day, MONDAY. I don't expect it to delivered when I'm out on the Saturday. I can't arrange a redelivery for the Monday which means I have a big round trip to get my packet on the Monday.
Soulazydll
Posts: 34
Joined: 09 Jan 2012, 11:28
Gender: Male

Re: saturday specials

Post by Soulazydll »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
Soulazydll wrote:They should start doing a 'next day guaranteed' special. Not everyone needs it before 13:00, just guaranteed for that day.
No, because the whole purpose of Special Delivery was to get it in good time to deal with it and reply the same day. :nana
'next day guaranteed' is far inferior and merits a significantly lower price. :shock:
And that's why we have Tracked and Recorded. IMO tracked items should be opened to the general public with the scheduled services that were once quoted put into place. We're buggering about with loads of services that could be tailored into one.
I think within a couple of years Recorded will get axed and replaced with the Tracked signature required service and the whole of Tracked opened to the general public. They'd need to get way better guns though if they did that for MCs.
I'm not saying replace 13:00 with guaranteed next day, I'm saying as well as 9:00, 13:00 they should do a next day guaranteed just like a tracked. Or quite simply, offer tracked items to the general public.
Recorded are a waste of time.
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Re: saturday specials

Post by 97gaz »

[
Last edited by 97gaz on 16 Dec 2019, 01:03, edited 1 time in total.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: saturday specials

Post by dvbuk55 »

97gaz wrote:I do PHG and Dom Support roles. There's a standard letter in Aplus regarding Saturday retentions. I try to update it once a year. I ask the staff if they have anywhere that's shut on Saturdays and send the customer the letter. The customer ticks the options that suits them best and returns it. There is an option to deliver mail but not anything that needs signed for.
Well you're right about the proforma for deliveries however my point was I can bet its not up to date by a looooong shot. Some businesses on industrial estates aren't delivered on Saturday at all and only those who REQUEST a delivery gets one and that's a little bit different to the proscribed idea. Now as for Saturday deliveries there is supposed to be an attempt IF POSSIBLE if not it goes to holdover.