I have been off work dues to stress, I have a doctors note to verify this and have submitted it almost 2 weeks ago. I am still being refused sick pay.
Atos' report which was submitted yesterday suggest I am fit for work but in another location and so sick pay is still being withheld.
Is this right?
If anybody can offer guidance, wisdom, (money for mortgage payments-lol) that would be great!!
Thank you in advance
Just another postie
With 7 years service you are entitled to full pay during your sick absence for a 6 month period unless you have accrued previous absences on full pay.
You have submitted a medical certificate for 2 weeks which your GP has ticked the box unfit for work and therefor RM has no legal right under these circumstances to withhold your wages and are breaching the ERA 1996 on deduction of wages and there are specific reasons that entitle them to follow this course of action and yours is definitely not one of them.
For your DOM stating that your medical condition of stress is a valid reason for non-payments is talking through his a--e and I suggest you immediately go to a 2nd stage grievance or mediation if this has been set up under the AFG&S agreement.
Also you need to put further pressure on by contacting HR explaining your situation and inform your union rep to investigate this matter.
Would also consider a B&H complaint concerning your DOM's comments but you can't have a grievance and B&H complaint both running at the same time so it will be your decision which is your preference.
If you wish to discuss further your can send me a private message.
Great information Rehabron,
I've set in motion the 2nd stage grievance and have been in contact with my union rep.
zx135 wrote:What reason has been given for the stoppage of pay?
Also how much sick leave have you had for any conditions over the last few years?
Hi Zx135,
The reason given was;
"I am unable to satisfy myself that your absence is necessary and due to genuine illness, a criterion that must be satisfied for Royal Mail sick benefits to be paid"
Previously I haven't had much sick leave at all. Nothing considerable or lengthy.
ok now what exactly does the fit note from the doctor state?
Also what options were given to you in regards to your atos report for working in other locations?
and how much sick leave have you actually had in last few years in total?
zx135 wrote:What reason has been given for the stoppage of pay?
Also how much sick leave have you had for any conditions over the last few years?
Hi Zx135,
The reason given was;
"I am unable to satisfy myself that your absence is necessary and due to genuine illness, a criterion that must be satisfied for Royal Mail sick benefits to be paid"
Previously I haven't had much sick leave at all. Nothing considerable or lengthy.
ok now what exactly does the fit note from the doctor state?
Also what options were given to you in regards to your atos report for working in other locations?
and how much sick leave have you actually had in last few years in total?
Fit note states I am unfit for work (box ticked) and in the comments it states 'work related stress'
Options with regard Atos;
I had mentioned I was worried about my work pace and patterns being slower so atos said this should be considered.
Sick leave I'd say would be approx 10days in the last 4 years, no more than 14.
I love atos. I just got off the phone to them. My manager was wanting me back next week even before my sick note runs out and atos have recommended I take another four weeks off where they will review my condition again. She also said they were aware of how bad Royal Mail are on rehab specially with delivery and she also revealed in her notes my manager had wrote he thinks I should have one week of rehab and then I should be put on full delivery lol.