http://www.carmarthenjournal.co.uk/Post ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A PAIR of Carmarthen postmen have got their trainer shoes at the ready as they put their fitness to the test with a marathon this week.
Vincent Bailey, of Belvedere, will be joined by fellow Carmarthen postie Peter Jones, from Ammanford, to take on the mammoth 26-mile run.
They will be taking on the Edinburgh marathon on Sunday, May 25.
Vincent said he was a keen runner, but had never taken park in a full marathon before.
Talking about this training, he said: "It's not going to bad, and I've managed to do the distance once."
The 45-year-old said he was excited and nervous about taking on the challenge.
He said: "I just want to get out there and do it.
"I'm sure the nerves will be in full force when we get there."
The postmen will be raising funds for Prostate Cancer UK.
He said: "It is to try and raise awareness of prostate cancer."
Vincent added: "We want to ask the community in Carmarthen to support us by making a donation and wishing us good luck."
Both have a target of raising £600 but Vincent said he would like to raise £1,000.
If you would like to make a donation you can send them to Vincent Bailey at the Royal Mail Sorting Officer, Stephens Way, Pensarn, Carmarthen, SA31 2BG.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Carmarthen posties to tackle 26 miles
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Carmarthen posties to tackle 26 miles
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Viewfindergeneral
- Posts: 267
- Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 12:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Carmarthen posties to tackle 26 miles
26 miles? That's just an average delivery distance isn't it? Or it seems like it! 
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Carmarthen posties to tackle 26 miles
"Vincent said he was a keen runner" - glad I don't cover his day off. 