In regards to a second job I have considered it, as I mentioned above I signed a contract to do SA every week for 4 hours on a Wednesday, with the pay rise I now bring home £300 a week after tax, it would depend strictly how much more of a gain money wise I would make cleaning for 10/15 hours a week to see if it's worth it.Dorset Plodder wrote:Agree with several posts..GET YOUR REP on IT! The system does suck and is very open to abuse by Unprofessional Managers.
I know where you're coming from and know PT Posties are looking for the Long Term security of a Full Time position. I'd fight your corner and go for the discrimination angle as outlined by Rehabron. Managers love the easy life and if it becomes easier to give you the job ,than not, he'll probably just sign it off!![]()
On a similiar thread, If you don't get the extra hours have you considered another PT job? Sometimes it can fit in with your RM hours. As a lot of Delivery offices are on Industrial Sites there's often other opportunities near by. Used to have a guy who did cleaning 0530-0830 in nearby offices and then turned up for his Delivery only Duty. It worked for him. Good Luck.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New level of bulls##t......
-
RetroJunkie
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 16:06
- Gender: Female
Re: New level of bulls##t......
-
indio
- Posts: 87
- Joined: 17 Feb 2013, 22:57
- Gender: Male
Re: New level of bulls##t......
Result Mate ResultRetroJunkie wrote: I will work 10-4 each day
90% of the PHG's job and the most stressful part has to be done before 10. Receiving specials and tracked, allocation etc