I call it "bullying" this week anyway.Pete22 wrote:We do it every day and management call it duty fill , I call it compulsory overtime most days .
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Absorbing & BNP over Election period.
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Absorbing & BNP over Election period.
-
Post1977
- Posts: 86
- Joined: 02 Jan 2013, 17:34
- Gender: Female
Re: Absorbing & BNP over Election period.
Delivering election material which was going to take me past my delivery time. Told line manager can't do absorption.He says can't refuse as I'm getting paid extra for election material
Told him I'm going over on own duty that's why I'm getting paid for them not getting paid extra to do absorption.
Told him I'm going over on own duty that's why I'm getting paid for them not getting paid extra to do absorption.
-
rhino49
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1644
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: At home with my feet up
Re: Absorbing & BNP over Election period.
Lapsing has been kept sensible in our office so far with one large walk starting outside the office being split between all the remaining walks - takes about ten minutes for our bit with a minor route diversion to our own route. Losing five staff to EVR and natural retirement over the next three months, so I doubt we will see replacements until autumn pressure if at all - and I suppose the lapsed walks will increase over the summer. Can't complain at the moment as TNT have made a hole in our letter deliveries and the lapsing is quite manageable.
I don't have a problem over BNP or anyone else's leaflet - I have my own political beliefs and the main one is that the electorate should make informed choices in a democracy - so to deny them the opportunity to see how good or bad the choices are is not up to me - I am in the business of delivering paper communications and I don't give a **** what is written in them or on them.
I don't have a problem over BNP or anyone else's leaflet - I have my own political beliefs and the main one is that the electorate should make informed choices in a democracy - so to deny them the opportunity to see how good or bad the choices are is not up to me - I am in the business of delivering paper communications and I don't give a **** what is written in them or on them.
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16726
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Absorbing & BNP over Election period.
Nobody is being denied any opportunity by an individual postman exercising his/her right not to deliver them.rhino49 wrote: the electorate should make informed choices in a democracy - so to deny them the opportunity to see how good or bad the choices are is not up to me -
They still get delivered.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
royalmailslave
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 20 Sep 2010, 17:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Absorbing & BNP over Election period.
Kings Norton wrote:Just wanting to know are there any offices absorbing through the Election period and we have been told it's a national agreement and we HAVE to deliver BNP material. Who the F**k are the union to make up our minds about these BNP leaflets?
Get em delivered and stop bein a mard arse
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Absorbing & BNP over Election period.
royalmailslave wrote:Kings Norton wrote:Just wanting to know are there any offices absorbing through the Election period and we have been told it's a national agreement and we HAVE to deliver BNP material. Who the F**k are the union to make up our minds about these BNP leaflets?
Get em delivered and stop bein a mard arse
Certain heavy populated ethnic areas are dangerous to deliver BNP leaflets
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
PHARRY
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 327
- Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
- Gender: Male
Re: Absorbing & BNP over Election period.
Yes you do have to deliver BNP leaflets I asked my manager and he said you do have to you can't refuseclashcityrocker wrote:Election material and absorption are two different things.
You don't HAVE to deliver BNP leaflets - that is why there is a conscience clause in the agreement.
They should listen sympathetically to your request not to do them.
And if they don't - then don't do any at all.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16726
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Absorbing & BNP over Election period.
Oh well - if your manager says so it must be true.PHARRY wrote:Yes you do have to deliver BNP leaflets I asked my manager and he said you do have to you can't refuseclashcityrocker wrote:Election material and absorption are two different things.
You don't HAVE to deliver BNP leaflets - that is why there is a conscience clause in the agreement.
They should listen sympathetically to your request not to do them.
And if they don't - then don't do any at all.
If some managers decide to break national agreements because it causes him too much bother to manage the delivery of election material, you always have the option of not delivering any election material at all.
Or does your manager say you have to do it?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Absorbing & BNP over Election period.
No you don't HAVE to deliver them and you can refuse, your managers manger by many levels said so, and its in writing.PHARRY wrote:Yes you do have to deliver BNP leaflets I asked my manager and he said you do have to you can't refuseclashcityrocker wrote:Election material and absorption are two different things.
You don't HAVE to deliver BNP leaflets - that is why there is a conscience clause in the agreement.
They should listen sympathetically to your request not to do them.
And if they don't - then don't do any at all.
Notice in the bits of the agreement I highlighted http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 15&t=61604" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; say WILL, not should, or may but WILL - its that definite.Special Circumstances
It is jointly recognised that Royal Mail has a legal obligation to secure the delivery of election material for all nominated candidates and parties.
Whilst it is expected that delivery will be made by the individual due to undertake the particular delivery, local management will deal sensitively and sympathetically with genuine requests to deviate from this arrangement.
Such cases may arise as a result of personal circumstances or beliefs or where an individual believes that delivery of a particular item may incur personal risk.
If such instances arise alternative measures will be used to secure delivery. These may include the use of volunteers from within the office or neighbouring offices to cover more than one delivery or, as a last resort, the use of supplementary resource.
Both parties undertake to co-operate fully in the application of these principles and in resolving any difficulties that may arise surrounding the delivery of election material.
Unequivocal even which is unusual in agreements at the moment.
Last edited by TrueBlueTerrier on 10 May 2014, 17:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added last line
Reason: Added last line
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.