Caniel wrote:Knackered....fell asleep for a couple of hours on the sofa when I got in today! Cuppa tea and some BF4 then bedtime :(
Anyone remember when we had time to do stuff when we got home from work?
anyone remember when we worked 6 days a week every week with no wallington no chance to work a day on overtime off because you didnt have one
Yeah, I also remember being home before 11 most days, before 9 on a Saturday, and taking out second deliveries on OT for 2 hours each that usually consisted of less than half a dozen letters.
Let's not pretend the hours worked are better now than they were then.
Duckins wrote:I basically just wondering if anyone else needs to have a sleep in the afternoon after work just to get a little bit of enery back. I know I do!
How old are you Duckins? I do a full duty plus at least an extra hour then go home and do a 4 or 5 mile run. I'll be 65 this year. Pull yourself together!
Duckins wrote:I basically just wondering if anyone else needs to have a sleep in the afternoon after work just to get a little bit of enery back. I know I do!
How old are you Duckins? I do a full duty plus at least an extra hour then go home and do a 4 or 5 mile run. I'll be 65 this year. Pull yourself together!
5plusbonusball wrote:Someone in a past post mentioned that the army tested a duty and they said you'd have to be as fit as a commando to keep the 4mph pace up
5plusbonusball wrote:Someone in a past post mentioned that the army tested a duty and they said you'd have to be as fit as a commando to keep the 4mph pace up
5plusbonusball wrote:Someone in a past post mentioned that the army tested a duty and they said you'd have to be as fit as a commando to keep the 4mph pace up
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
5plusbonusball wrote:Someone in a past post mentioned that the army tested a duty and they said you'd have to be as fit as a commando to keep the 4mph pace up
5plusbonusball wrote:Someone in a past post mentioned that the army tested a duty and they said you'd have to be as fit as a commando to keep the 4mph pace up
walks have got worse since then he would now have a bigger walk with 7 lots of d2d and excess packets
Amen to that
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
I find personally that it helps to keep working. It's a killer after each rota week off to get back into it, so I find 2 or 3 days o/t in the middle of the rota week helps me stop seizing up. Saturday I have domestic jobs to do when I get home, and sitting down is a killer- I have to keep going. On weekdays I actually yawn cycling my bike up the school at 3pm. to pick kids up. Legs are stiff on days off too.
What are our chances of not being crippled by retirement age?