They're very useful for delivering charity bags quickly and safely when you've no mail to help push them through.
I take out one designated for the duty I'm on each day, mainly to cover myself if I'm bitten. Most of my colleagues don't bother.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
posting peggs
-
freelunch
- Posts: 358
- Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:39
- Gender: Male
Re: posting peggs
"Everybody has a plan.. until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: posting peggs
stopped and checked?by who?.really? yet another some have them and some don't,i did ask the dom,he said I should have one? if I had been given one I would not be asking for one!!! and so it goes on,everything seems a struggle at times in this job,as much as I love it.Caniel wrote:I carry one with me in case I'm stopped and checked, only used it a couple of times one of which the dog got it and pulled it through lol.
Had to sign for a new one and explain what happened to the old one...
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: posting peggs
Oh I thought you meant Peggy Mount was a postie !


Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: posting peggs
Hitcher wrote:We were told to treat every delivery as though there was a dog there!
"I can't complete today because I'll be using the peg" :roll:
This is what infuriates me about Royal Mails so called health & safety aka "covering our own arse"
I doubt theres any postmen using these pegs at every delivery point, as we all know this would mean our deliveries would take about 10 hours. But as soon as someone gets bit putting fingers through the letterbox they know they cant report it as the blame will now be completely on themselves.
Maybe the CWU should make a real push to make us all use the pegs on every house as management "want" us to do, when the mail fails because of it then so be it. But lets try and change this policy where RM can switch the blame onto the people walking the streets. If someone gets bit and has to take some time off work, RM should be caring, not saying "you should have used the posting peg" and potentially going to conduct code.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: posting peggs
well said that man!! exactly! its a bloody minefield and it shouldn't be!!Postie45 wrote:Hitcher wrote:We were told to treat every delivery as though there was a dog there!
"I can't complete today because I'll be using the peg"
This is what infuriates me about Royal Mails so called health & safety aka "covering our own arse"
I doubt theres any postmen using these pegs at every delivery point, as we all know this would mean our deliveries would take about 10 hours. But as soon as someone gets bit putting fingers through the letterbox they know they cant report it as the blame will now be completely on themselves.
Maybe the CWU should make a real push to make us all use the pegs on every house as management "want" us to do, when the mail fails because of it then so be it. But lets try and change this policy where RM can switch the blame onto the people walking the streets. If someone gets bit and has to take some time off work, RM should be caring, not saying "you should have used the posting peg" and potentially going to conduct code.
-
PhilthyPhil
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15
Re: posting peggs
Posting pegs are not supposed to be used for every delivery point. For most delivery points it is possible to puch the mail through without putting your fingers through the letter box. The posting pegs are for the letter boxes where this is not possible or where all you have is one flimsy item like a P739 or D2D which you could not push all the way through without your fingers going through as well.Postie45 wrote:
This is what infuriates me about Royal Mails so called health & safety aka "covering our own arse"
I doubt theres any postmen using these pegs at every delivery point, as we all know this would mean our deliveries would take about 10 hours. But as soon as someone gets bit putting fingers through the letterbox they know they cant report it as the blame will now be completely on themselves.
Maybe the CWU should make a real push to make us all use the pegs on every house as management "want" us to do, when the mail fails because of it then so be it. But lets try and change this policy where RM can switch the blame onto the people walking the streets. If someone gets bit and has to take some time off work, RM should be caring, not saying "you should have used the posting peg" and potentially going to conduct code.