ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
A commando did test a walk he couldn't do it in time 
-
newtimes
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 595
- Joined: 16 Feb 2012, 14:10
- Gender: Male
Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
Being a full time house father, I have never ever had to work so hard.careful wrote:Name five more physical demanding jobs than delivery postal worker of 2014?
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
I remember the ex para (?) fitness instructor on the documentary did the walk in time but said he wouldn't like to do it on a daily basis.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
Been one5plusbonusball wrote:Someone in a past post mentioned that the army tested a duty and they said you'd have to be as fit as a commando to keep the 4mph pace up . Yet the managers still think we're all slow and underworked and give us more to do each day . If they rarely cover someones collapsed bit they complain the next day how tired and aching they are.![]()
As for me , each day I think that's it I can't do it again , i'm knackered but after 2 cuppas I feel like new again.
But still wouldn't want to be a dustman.
The walking wasn't as hard
Just smelly which you got used to
But I earned less than I do as an opg doing less hours
As far as the para thing,I'm sure there are more than a few ex forces chaps and chappettes on delivery....
I never ached as much as I have now
Wonder how long my body can take the stresses places on it so I can earn a wage?
I won
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
The original thread from 2009 http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 18&t=22796" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;5plusbonusball wrote:Someone in a past post mentioned that the army tested a duty and they said you'd have to be as fit as a commando to keep the 4mph pace up
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2227
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
Typical day ,,,,get home too exhausted to do anything so lie on settee for an hour . Different tiredness sets in now ,don't wanna move from settee . Too tired to make anything decent for tea ,either bed early 9 ,or if my partner wants to watch a film ,I say ok ,but head nods up n down during film so miss most of it lol . Bed ,wake up ,,here we go again,,,
-
justdeno
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
- Gender: Female
Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
When I started at 5am, used to be knackered by 9pm. Now start at 8am still knackered by 9pm.
So much for more quality time with family.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
when i started at 5am i was knackered by 1pmjustdeno wrote:When I started at 5am, used to be knackered by 9pm. Now start at 8am still knackered by 9pm.So much for more quality time with family.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
I'm completely f**ked after work, if i sit down its game over, theres nothing i can do just gotta get in forty winks until I'm recharged. Embarrasing really as i'm only in my 20s!!
I dont know how some of you guys still do the job in your 50s, 60s...
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
I'd rather be out delivering than in the delivery office put it that way. Job seems to flow better outside, inside it's too manic, and that's just the other staff. 
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2058
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
I tried sleeping in afternoon after My round (P &L) but My whole body locks up while in bed and Im as stiff as a friggin board.Can hardly get up again so dont bother,I wonder if this is a sign of health problems later in life.The job is bloody killing Me now a days.
-
Stella102
- Posts: 597
- Joined: 06 Aug 2011, 19:32
- Gender: Male
Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
i feel absolutely f****d !!! words can't describe it.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
Pretty tired! Wish the HCT could make it's own way back to the depot..... Really feel it when I'm walking back!
-
Hammer59
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 24 Mar 2011, 19:50
- Gender: Male
Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
Cream crackered! always have a power nap in the afternoon 
-
R@YAL F@IL
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
The job needs a review in that the delivery staff at the age of 55+ need to be given concessions! no other job I know expect so much from an individual over the age of 55 to be as effective as a young 20 odd year old, how on earth can this be right.
Indoor staff in my office get D2D payment, coffee machine at their disposal a roof over their head when there is inclement weather heating system etc, all while the posties are earning their D2D payments for them. Well done the Union the D2D payments were the biggest con of all. Rant over.
Indoor staff in my office get D2D payment, coffee machine at their disposal a roof over their head when there is inclement weather heating system etc, all while the posties are earning their D2D payments for them. Well done the Union the D2D payments were the biggest con of all. Rant over.
NO bags on shoulders please except for Moya who keeps her big fat wage packet in hers