ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

burnley strike

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
britwrit
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 967
Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 15:12

Re: burnley strike

Post by britwrit »

dvbuk55 wrote:I had heard that a very senior head of the CWU from London was attending Burnley for an appeal on the rep who was sacked. I don't know if it is true or if the appeal has taken place but judging from the strike action it either failed or it has been called to add weight to the appeal, rightly or wrongly. In my opinion wrongly but there you are.

Yes. Stupid question but (I'm NOT taking the piss - I'm genuinely curious about the new procedure) have any mediators been called in?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: burnley strike

Post by dvbuk55 »

britwrit wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:I had heard that a very senior head of the CWU from London was attending Burnley for an appeal on the rep who was sacked. I don't know if it is true or if the appeal has taken place but judging from the strike action it either failed or it has been called to add weight to the appeal, rightly or wrongly. In my opinion wrongly but there you are.

Yes. Stupid question but (I'm NOT taking the piss - I'm genuinely curious about the new procedure) have any mediators been called in?
Well I have also heard that the bloke is represented by the said CWU head, RM by their lawyer and an independent lawyer to arbitrate but I cannot say if this is the correct scenario but I believe it is.
newtimes
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 595
Joined: 16 Feb 2012, 14:10
Gender: Male

Re: burnley strike

Post by newtimes »

dvbuk55 wrote:
britwrit wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:I had heard that a very senior head of the CWU from London was attending Burnley for an appeal on the rep who was sacked. I don't know if it is true or if the appeal has taken place but judging from the strike action it either failed or it has been called to add weight to the appeal, rightly or wrongly. In my opinion wrongly but there you are.

Yes. Stupid question but (I'm NOT taking the piss - I'm genuinely curious about the new procedure) have any mediators been called in?
Well I have also heard that the bloke is represented by the said CWU head, RM by their lawyer and an independent lawyer to arbitrate but I cannot say if this is the correct scenario but I believe it is.
I believe, lawyers lawyers lawyers, money money money. Who pays the fees calls the tune, who is the judge.
dazgranfondo
Posts: 12
Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 20:45
Gender: Male

Re: burnley strike

Post by dazgranfondo »

future_RM wrote:
houseoflords wrote:Nice of 'Future RM' to offer their support, probably a little scumbag manager thinking he/her is unexpendable, I wish the guys at the striking office all the luck.
no response to my previous post?

p.s. im not saying deliveries are an easy job any more by a long shot but the real culture shock was it was too easy for too long.

Try and honestly tell me that a few years back many of you weren't back home by 11.00 am, those days are a distant memory. Royal Mail is now run like a business and your expected to actually work the hours you get paid for,

No, we are expected to work over our hours for no more pay. Or asked to deliver more,only to find the overtime sheet hidden or questioned for why we were so slow and made to feel inadequate. Where do you hide your excess sheets? :hmmmm
claretandblue
Posts: 914
Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 12:14

Re: burnley strike

Post by claretandblue »

strike called off at last minute, royal mail backed down. All 3 dismissals are going to an independent panel and ACAS are coming to Burnley to interview staff about the "problems" at burnley.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: burnley strike

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

:thumbup :thumbup :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: burnley strike

Post by dvbuk55 »

What about the area rep has he been reinstated too?
claretandblue
Posts: 914
Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 12:14

Re: burnley strike

Post by claretandblue »

dvbuk55 wrote:What about the area rep has he been reinstated too?
The area rep is one of the three. Appeals to be heard before end of may.