ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

poll cards etc

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: poll cards etc

Post by krussel »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Postal voting forms
:nervous Opps, I got those counted as well :whistle

Oh well :roll: :wink:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
Hitcher
Posts: 1538
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: poll cards etc

Post by Hitcher »

I want to know how you officially opt out of delivering them?
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: poll cards etc

Post by arnold cheshire »

Hitcher wrote:I want to know how you officially opt out of delivering them?
so do i i dont think you can there talking rubbish
pod25
Posts: 240
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 21:13
Gender: Male

Re: poll cards etc

Post by pod25 »

Hitcher wrote:I want to know how you officially opt out of delivering them?
You can only officially opt out of delivering BNP material. Not sure about UKIP material though.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: poll cards etc

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

pod25 wrote:
Hitcher wrote:I want to know how you officially opt out of delivering them?
You can only officially opt out of delivering BNP material. Not sure about UKIP material though.
Wrong - BNP is the one that is most objected to, but if you feel your safety may be threatened or you have a moral objection to a particular leaflet/party then you can try to refuse to deliver ANY political leaflet. However, you have to have a very good reason and just not supporting their views is not a valid reason to qualify.

However, I feel its important to point out that if you don't deliver them Royal Mail still has a legal obligation to make sure they are, this may mean you being moved off your duty for a temporary period so that they can be delivered in your absence.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: poll cards etc

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Hitcher wrote:I want to know how you officially opt out of delivering them?
If you have a moral objection to a particular leaflet/party or a safety concern then you tell your manager - that's the official way. They then have to manage the delivery of those leaflets which may include moving you from your delivery for a temporary period while they are delivered,
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
pod25
Posts: 240
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 21:13
Gender: Male

Re: poll cards etc

Post by pod25 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
pod25 wrote:
Hitcher wrote:I want to know how you officially opt out of delivering them?
You can only officially opt out of delivering BNP material. Not sure about UKIP material though.
Wrong - BNP is the one that is most objected to, but if you feel your safety may be threatened or you have a moral objection to a particular leaflet/party then you can try to refuse to deliver ANY political leaflet. However, you have to have a very good reason and just not supporting their views is not a valid reason to qualify.

However, I feel its important to point out that if you don't deliver them Royal Mail still has a legal obligation to make sure they are, this may mean you being moved off your duty for a temporary period so that they can be delivered in your absence.
Only last week we had a bulletin sent out from the area union head office stating we had the right to refuse delivering BNP material.
It made no mention of having a good solid reason for not wanting to deliver them.
So as far as I am concerned, I will be protected to the hilt for refusing to deliver them.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: poll cards etc

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

pod25 wrote:
Hitcher wrote:I want to know how you officially opt out of delivering them?

Only last week we had a bulletin sent out from the area union head office stating we had the right to refuse delivering BNP material.
It made no mention of having a good solid reason for not wanting to deliver them.
So as far as I am concerned, I will be protected to the hilt for refusing to deliver them.
You will be, there was no argument from me about the BNP, I just wanted to clarify that the conscience clause is open to everyone and can be applied on any political party. However if you refused to deliver a Conservative or Labour one (you are entitled to) I just wanted to warn people that the reason for refusal has to be on a par with the traditional ones for the BNP.

I have heard of one postie refusing to delivery any leaflets except the one that he is a candidate for - that seems a pretty good reason as there would be a conflict of interests.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: poll cards etc

Post by krussel »

Maybe its just in my office but opting out was easy and two took it up. I am talking leaflets here and not poll cards. Their leaflets are going up on the board for anyone to sign for. There will be a rush for it believe me. :hmmmm
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
pod25
Posts: 240
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 21:13
Gender: Male

Re: poll cards etc

Post by pod25 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
pod25 wrote:
Hitcher wrote:I want to know how you officially opt out of delivering them?

Only last week we had a bulletin sent out from the area union head office stating we had the right to refuse delivering BNP material.
It made no mention of having a good solid reason for not wanting to deliver them.
So as far as I am concerned, I will be protected to the hilt for refusing to deliver them.
You will be there was no argument from me about the BNP, I just wanted to clarify that the conscience clause is open to everyone and can be applied on any political party. However if you refused to deliver a Conservative or Labour one (you are entitled to) I just wanted to warn people that the reason for refusal has to be on a par with the traditional ones for the BNP.

I have heard of one postie refusing to delivery any leaflets except the one that he is a candidate for - that seems a pretty good reason as there would be a conflict of interests.
Ah, fair point.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: poll cards etc

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Could anyone put up a link to the form for claiming payment for delivering poll cards and election leaflets ?
( Or are different claim forms produced locally all over the country ? )