ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
royal mail shoes
-
thechemisyshop
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 156
- Joined: 09 Oct 2011, 20:33
- Gender: Male
Re: royal mail shoes
i heard about a colleague that was having trouble getting uniform ,, i don't know if this is true or an urban myth ,, i would hope its true ,, he was apparently big and tall ,, they kept fobbing him off for months ,, and he had to wear his own stuff ,, he eventually got sick of this so popped down to the local charity shop to see what he could get ,, he turned up next day in bright yellow trousers and pink shoes ,, and told the manager this was the only trousers and shoes he was willing to sacrifice for work till they got him his uniform ,, less than a week to get sorted after that

-
Jono
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 10 Apr 2011, 14:04
- Gender: Male
Re: royal mail shoes
What I have never understood about a company like Royal Mail with its huge number of front-line Postmen is this "one shoe for all" mentality that they have. Lets put it into perspective - when I used to do distance running in years gone by then I would have to buy trainers that were specially for my foot type - I'm an "over pronator" and buying certain footwaer specific to my pronation saved me a hell of alot of discomfort over using normal "off the shelf" trainers. Now not every postman has the same needs when it comes to work footwear so surely Royal Mail should look to address this with similar types of footwear based upon what pronation the individual in question is - wouldnt be too hard with over 100,000 postman to cater for. I tested this theory just recently when out for 4.5 hours p&l my cat trainers started giving me hassle and rubbing about 3 hours in and I coudnt wait to get the damn things off come the end of the delivery. Next day I did the same delivery but this time wearing my old Asics trainers and not a problem at all. Different types of footwear I know but one that caters more for my pronation over a standard "one shoe suits all".
-
Ginger123
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 10 Jun 2012, 17:34
- Gender: Female
Re: royal mail shoes
You would think that after 500 years Royal mail would realise that we do a walking job so we need walking shoes not work shoes which is what we've got. It really is unbelievable!
-
trevjim
- Posts: 170
- Joined: 05 Dec 2012, 20:04
- Gender: Male
Re: royal mail shoes
I've never had any problems with the footwear, not sure what the issue is.