pod25 wrote:We still get paid a separate payment for election stuff ???
Yes
Does that include addressed items ?
2 walks had election letters for every house last week, there was uproar because no one else in the office did ?
Depends on what the " election letters " were.
Poll Cards
Addressed Election Material
Unaddressed Election Material
Postal voting forms
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
norm wrote:What's the situation with floaters doing poll cards. Is the duty holder likely to get miffed?
Me - No fill your boots.
Old Frank - No he needs the money
In short have a word with each duty holder and come to an agreement. You should not miss out on the opportunity to make some extra money if you want, conversely unless they want to, they shouldn't be expected to deliver all of them.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
norm wrote:What's the situation with floaters doing poll cards. Is the duty holder likely to get miffed?
Me - No fill your boots.
Old Frank - No he needs the money
In short have a word with each duty holder and come to an agreement. You should not miss out on the opportunity to make some extra money if you want, conversely unless they want to, they shouldn't be expected to deliver all of them.
Guy who's duty I'm covering tomorrow is a bit of an OT assassin so even though he didn't say outright not to do it, I think I'll just leave them, not worth the hassle or agro. Sucks though because they are paying 12p a drop so not bad earner.
Thats a bit iffy - there are specific rules over what is a campaign leaflet and what isn't - without seeing the leaflet its difficult to say it was an electioneering leaflet. For instance last week I got a leaflet from the Conuservatives but it was an information leaflet (a biased one) but as it made no mention of the election so if it had come addressed by Royal Mail it would not have counted.
I think there are also specific rules on when they can start sending leaflets out and IIRC its around 4 weeks before an election.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
pod25 wrote:These were all letters and not leaflets.
Probably wouldn't count then - they were probably ward information updates
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
framusjsx wrote:ive been told we cant claim overtime but we cant cut off either... is this right?
Holy s**t, I can't believe the above statement. Why are the reps not standing up for the members. Of course you can cut off (finish on time) as you can any other day you work. Simply say to your manager "I'll not be going over my finishing time today so what do you want me to do?".
pod25 wrote:We still get paid a separate payment for election stuff ???
Yes
Does that include addressed items ?
2 walks had election letters for every house last week, there was uproar because no one else in the office did ?
Yes all election material. You get between 3p and 6.6p which is dependent on local agreement.
Last edited by krussel on 15 Apr 2014, 20:13, edited 1 time in total.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
Ginger123 wrote:I don't understand why some people are getting paid 3p, some 6p and some 12p. Why isn't everyone paid the same?
I doubt anyone is getting 12p as the deal tops out at 6.6p.
Private delivery personal employed by the council get around 20p.
Last edited by krussel on 15 Apr 2014, 20:12, edited 1 time in total.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
Ginger123 wrote:I don't understand why some people are getting paid 3p, some 6p and some 12p. Why isn't everyone paid the same?
Why is anybody paid at all. We don't get paid extra for catalogues/council letters etc.
Because some of us pay into and support a Union who fight for more money on our behalf.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........