http://www.epworthbells.co.uk/news/loca ... -1-6556395" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A woman from Rossington has been left ‘flabbergasted’ after Royal Mail stopped her package in transit because it contained ‘dangerous’ nail varnish.
When Annie Carr decided to send her American friend a package for her birthday containing nail varnish, the last thing she expected was for it be intercepted.
Annie, of Radburn Road, says she declared that her parcel contained nail varnish and other goods when she sent it from the village post office.
Weeks later, the 52-year-old received a letter from Royal Mail tell her the nail varnish has been destroyed and the package will need to be sent again, because of the transport regulations which prohibit ‘dangerous goods’ such as nail varnish from being sent in the post.
“I find the whole situation laughable, it just beggars belief,” said Annie.
“I’ve taken nail varnish on holiday with me before, in my suitcase, and I don’t understand why this should be any different.
“Does this mean that women are going to be stopped getting on planes to go on holiday because they have nail varnish?
“The package contained a candle with a wick, which you would think would be more dangerous and flammable, but they were fine with that
A Royal Mail spokesman confirmed that nail varnish could not be sent internationally under new rules which came into force earlier this year.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Doncaster woman’s anger over new postal rules
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Doncaster woman’s anger over new postal rules
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Doncaster woman’s anger over new postal rules
Not new rules, some people just don't do simple things like check and then complain about it.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Doncaster woman’s anger over new postal rules
It's banned for a reason,they don't need to explain.But I will do :To start, let’s talk about typical, boring, old nail polish. At is core, nail polish is nitrocellulose dissolved in a solvent. Nitrocellulose is known for giving a nice, shiny, hard film once the solvent evaporates. Nitrocellulose is also known for exploding. It’s what makes up magicians ‘flash paper,’ and guncotton.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Doncaster woman’s anger over new postal rules
Ok so your chosen airline will allow you to take a small amount of nail varnish onto a flight in a make up kit inside a suitcase. We will make an exception to the rules if you pack it the same way and send it, shouldn't cost more than ....ooh I dunno..... A hundred quid say? Sounds fair to me.
Here's a thought, what would happen if we allowed all the prohibited goods to be sent, solvents, ammo, alcohol? All rubbing around together in their packets in the hold of an aeroplane it wouldn't take much of an explosive device to start some real s**t with that little lot as fuel eh? Or were you thinking an exception should be made just for you? No mention of the idiots who allowed you to send prohibited goods in the first place. I see it's the local corner store p.o. where you know the people rather than a crown office. Best blame RM rather than them eh?
"The package contained a candle with a wick, which you would think would be more dangerous and flammable"
You might, most wouldn't.
"I don't understand"
I bet that happens a lot.
Here's a thought, what would happen if we allowed all the prohibited goods to be sent, solvents, ammo, alcohol? All rubbing around together in their packets in the hold of an aeroplane it wouldn't take much of an explosive device to start some real s**t with that little lot as fuel eh? Or were you thinking an exception should be made just for you? No mention of the idiots who allowed you to send prohibited goods in the first place. I see it's the local corner store p.o. where you know the people rather than a crown office. Best blame RM rather than them eh?
"The package contained a candle with a wick, which you would think would be more dangerous and flammable"
You might, most wouldn't.
"I don't understand"
I bet that happens a lot.