http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Postman ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A PLYMOUTH runner is hoping to break the world record for running the fastest marathon dressed as a postman.
Pete Waumsley, a former Royal Navy Petty Officer, now works for the Royal Mail. He will be wearing his uniform when he takes part in the London Marathon on Sunday.
Pete, whose fastest London time was 2:35.58 in 2006, is one of several members of the Saltash-based Tamar Trotters running club taking part in the marathon.
Pete, 41, said: “I’ll be wearing my postman outfit; baseball cap, polo shirt, tie, jacket, trousers and I’ll even be carrying a delivery bag containing letters and parcels.”
A spokesman for The Tamar Trotters said a coach load of runners were going.
“London is a great event with a tremendous atmosphere which all runners aspire to take part in,” he said. “Some members will be taking part for the first time and raising money for charity after training with the support of the club.”
Helen Roper, club membership secretary, will run the 26.2 miles dressed as a pirate.
She said: “It’s my tenth London in a row and my seventh in fancy dress. I did my best time dressed as Supergirl. I’ve raised around £5,000 over the years for Mencap, Whizz Kids and Children’s Hospice South West.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postman Pete hoping to beat world record
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Postman Pete hoping to beat world record
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.