ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

share price dropping fast

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
comeracing
Posts: 806
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
Gender: Male

Re: share price dropping fast

Post by comeracing »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Its a bad day for all shares for some reason so I wouldn't read too much into a 3% fall on a 1% market drop. in fact we don't even make the top 10 fallers
im not bothered now I bought my 8 grands worth of shares,and sold them in January at £5.63 a share,as you can imagine I made a very nice profit,i did this because our shares we have now which we can cash in and sell after 3 years,will be like our other shares phantom ? would be happy to get a couple of grand out of it. :nana
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: share price dropping fast

Post by arnold cheshire »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
chickenwittle wrote:whats the odds they aint worth jack by the time we can flog them, while all the city boys have already cashed in and are laughing all the way to the the bank.
I wasn't interested in them when I got them :cuppa aren't interested in them now :cuppa and won't be interested in them at the time we can flog them :cuppa
even if they are worth a pound each i dont care £725 thanks
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: share price dropping fast

Post by maisymoo04 »

5plusbonusball wrote:Have you seen the price of parcels now?? I use parcel2go like most people i know, even collectplus is advertising on telly. RIP Royal Mail now thanks to Moya, she won't stay long now i bet. :Very Happy
Well its people like u then bonusball why its like this using parcel2go shame on you , go and see if there any jobs there then ???? :so there :no no :shock:
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: share price dropping fast

Post by OnAFlyer »

bringon4dayweeks wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
chickenwittle wrote:whats the odds they aint worth jack by the time we can flog them, while all the city boys have already cashed in and are laughing all the way to the the bank.
I wasn't interested in them when I got them :cuppa aren't interested in them now :cuppa and won't be interested in them at the time we can flog them :cuppa
even if they are worth a pound each i dont care £725 thanks
Actually £729 :nana it was on RMTV today that FT staff will be allocated at extra 4 each and PT staff at least one. :nana
hampshireman
Posts: 792
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
Gender: Male

Re: share price dropping fast

Post by hampshireman »

comeracing wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Its a bad day for all shares for some reason so I wouldn't read too much into a 3% fall on a 1% market drop. in fact we don't even make the top 10 fallers
im not bothered now I bought my 8 grands worth of shares,and sold them in January at £5.63 a share,as you can imagine I made a very nice profit,i did this because our shares we have now which we can cash in and sell after 3 years,will be like our other shares phantom ? would be happy to get a couple of grand out of it. :nana
If you could write so that others could read it would help.

Maybe you are not as clever as you think?
Nigel1505
Posts: 409
Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
Gender: Male

Re: share price dropping fast

Post by Nigel1505 »

The main reason is the main shareholders have little faith in the current management. They have little confidence that they are achieving the market share. This is why Mark Higson got the bullet and others are to follow. It is no longer the board running the business, but the major shareholders. The opposition are running the market at the moment and Royal Mail are being reactive and following their lead: not what the shareholders want to see. They want RM to be proactive and not reactive.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: share price dropping fast

Post by Darren Bent »

Let hope the shareholders will cut a lot of managements and make it more profitable company so we can see the benefits in almost five years time. This mean fighting back against the compeition.
newtimes
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 595
Joined: 16 Feb 2012, 14:10
Gender: Male

Re: share price dropping fast

Post by newtimes »

linkage, up in Scotland, some High Schools are not allowing the future generation from doing advance history, I know history is just "His Story" but we can learn from stories. WTF am I on about, well been in transport most of my life, who remembers porters in Pickford's becoming "millionaires", remember the big sell of NFC "National Freight Corporation" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_F ... orporation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ).
I worked for them post sell off, in my opinion working for RM is very similar. What happened to NFC is a template of what may be happening to RM right now. Time will tell and I do hope I am wrong, but big change is here and no one really knows what’s going to happen apart from many jobs going along with mergers and name changes.
newtimes
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 595
Joined: 16 Feb 2012, 14:10
Gender: Male

Re: share price dropping fast

Post by newtimes »

Darren Bent wrote:Let hope the shareholders will cut a lot of managements and make it more profitable company so we can see the benefits in almost five years time. This mean fighting back against the compeition.
Whats the wage structure in the other companies, to be "competitive" would that mean adopting their wage structure. Was on a rural collection run, 1st time ever, that’s going to change. Universal service costs, how will a PLC company be paid to have that burden, no money no do.