spiderj wrote:Many reasons
1.they are afraid for their job
2.they can't cope with the workload so compensate by coming in early
3.they are being bullied into it by managers/colleagues
4.they haven't read a certain book about folk with ragged trousers and don't understand where their work ethic leads
5.lastly they might just be as mad as toast.
1 and 2 apply on me.
Dude.......your creating stress where it doesn't need to be.
I'm guessing you spendl a couple of hours stressed in the morning then breathe a sigh
Of relief when you get outside?
No no no you are wrong ... come 40 minutes early make my life easy and comphertable becaue I dont not like rushing around and being under pressure, so I always come early , take my time , make every thing up to date and then enjoy my duty.
How could anyone enjoy there duty if it forces you to over run on a daily basis, so u have to come in early, if anything you should be going to b&q for some rope
This is clearly a wind up, if not you my friend are daft.
Last edited by TrueBlueTerrier on 02 Apr 2014, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason:expletive removed
No no no you are wrong ... come 40 minutes early make my life easy and comphertable becaue I dont not like rushing around and being under pressure, so I always come early , take my time , make every thing up to date and then enjoy my duty.
No no no you are wrong ... come 40 minutes early make my life easy and comphertable becaue I dont not like rushing around and being under pressure, so I always come early , take my time , make every thing up to date and then enjoy my duty.
this can ONLY be an admission that you feel you are incapable to meet the acceptable standards to do the job, you must feel you are working slowly to feel you need all this extra time without being paid for it. If this isnt the case (which i expect is actually true) you need to re-evaluate your attitude of coming in early for free.
Sonofsuggs wrote:In some circumstances I think the jobs getting to much for some people
That is exactly what management want people to think,they would love everybody to be in fear of their jobs,just come in on time and work at a decent rate and if you don't want overtime,inform management before you bundle up and then leave it with them,don't argue just politely insist that you do not wish to go over your time.The law is on your side,OVERTIME IS NOT COMPULSORY.
Yeh .. you give 40 minutes and RM will take it, then they look at the round and say that guy finishes on time, or he will work for nowt, lets dump some extra work on him, then everyone else who does that round, and everyone else after you have gone, suffers.
I don't come in early (5 mins to be at frame on time) and take full 30 minute meal relief + 10 later in day. Spent better part of 30mins putting four awkward D2DS together this morning but not going to rush or stress, if the powers that be load the work on you you can only do what's reasonable. Our whole office pretty much shares the same attitude.
This is not right ... I don't think that way, RM is not too bad empoyer, it pay inflation busting pay which pay your bills and mortage , feed you and your family and tell me the truth where the hell you are going to get that sort of pay out side RM? You should be gratefull to RM who looks after you , so giving some time to RM ... nothing wrong.. fact of the matter is giving your FREE time to RM is ... in way ... saying Thank You very much RM.
Human 1 you have a very strange view on life as a working man all I have is my time and when RM pay me i dont mind working the hours they pay me but when they arn't paying me I dont work its simple really and then I go do something I want to with the rest of my day
This is not right ... I don't think that way, RM is not too bad empoyer, it pay inflation busting pay which pay your bills and mortage , feed you and your family and tell me the truth where the hell you are going to get that sort of pay out side RM? You should be gratefull to RM who looks after you , so giving some time to RM ... nothing wrong.. fact of the matter is giving your FREE time to RM is ... in way ... saying Thank You very much RM.
Last edited by spiderj on 06 Apr 2014, 22:47, edited 1 time in total.
I hate it when conversations get "broadened." Working unpaid for a bunch of greedy investors, delivering marketing material that very few people want is not the same as giving up your time to work in a charity shop for a cause that touches your heart. A colleague that started the same day as me in Novemeber is ex military and just glad to be in a stress free job; I've nearly had to tell him he is not doing free deliveries for the good of the country, but to help line the pockets of a few individuals.