ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

BREAKS at FRAME? seriously its happening

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: BREAKS at FRAME? seriously its happening

Post by arnold cheshire »

demon wrote:should be in the canteen if not it should be classed as no break taken and lapsing for 20 mins given
NO disagree you might want to go round the shops or a break going get fresh air somewhere :thumbup
celerycelery
Posts: 675
Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 16:44

Re: BREAKS at FRAME? seriously its happening

Post by celerycelery »

venger wrote:I have a coffee and a sandwich on my frame. I don't have time to take a break in the canteen. I want to get out and on with the delivery. I'm finishing the round in the time allowed and add the break (40 mins) to the end. Sure it might not be popular with some on this forum, but it's what everyone in our office does. I haven't had a proper break since 2nd delivery went and that was around 12+ years ago.
It might not be popular on here your right but I think you'll find it's illegal to go the whole day without a break and have it all on the end.
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Re: BREAKS at FRAME? seriously its happening

Post by Kings Norton »

spiderj wrote:Not allowed to drink at the frame though

Its a Boggler
:silenced
But can drink cans and cans of Red bull on the IPS?
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: BREAKS at FRAME? seriously its happening

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

celerycelery wrote:
venger wrote:I have a coffee and a sandwich on my frame. I don't have time to take a break in the canteen. I want to get out and on with the delivery. I'm finishing the round in the time allowed and add the break (40 mins) to the end. Sure it might not be popular with some on this forum, but it's what everyone in our office does. I haven't had a proper break since 2nd delivery went and that was around 12+ years ago.
It might not be popular on here your right but I think you'll find it's illegal to go the whole day without a break and have it all on the end.
its not illegal, its only illegal if the employer insists on it, if its 100% the employees choice then no law broken
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: BREAKS at FRAME? seriously its happening

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

venger wrote:I have a coffee and a sandwich on my frame. I don't have time to take a break in the canteen. I want to get out and on with the delivery. I'm finishing the round in the time allowed and add the break (40 mins) to the end. Sure it might not be popular with some on this forum, but it's what everyone in our office does. I haven't had a proper break since 2nd delivery went and that was around 12+ years ago.
taking 40 minutes at the end is against the national agreements between royal mail and the union, you should only be taking 20 minutes at the end, if you expect royal mail to be held to agreements so should you and your office
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Re: BREAKS at FRAME? seriously its happening

Post by Kings Norton »

Lads in my office have a running buffet you see them on the IPS with cans of Red Bull, mars bars then running about the office with barm cakes or bread rolls to you lot down South or Batons in their hands after touching filthy mail all day but as long as they finish early their health don't matter.
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Re: BREAKS at FRAME? seriously its happening

Post by Kings Norton »

venger wrote:I have a coffee and a sandwich on my frame. I don't have time to take a break in the canteen. I want to get out and on with the delivery. I'm finishing the round in the time allowed and add the break (40 mins) to the end. Sure it might not be popular with some on this forum, but it's what everyone in our office does. I haven't had a proper break since 2nd delivery went and that was around 12+ years ago.
Its people like you now that has brought in absorption. Thanks pal.
venger
Posts: 206
Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 13:38

Re: BREAKS at FRAME? seriously its happening

Post by venger »

Our canteen is used mostly for meetings. If they knocked it down tomorrow I couldn't care less and I seriously doubt anyone else in the office would give a toss either.
Brainache
Posts: 394
Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 21:37
Gender: Male

Re: BREAKS at FRAME? seriously its happening

Post by Brainache »

Many times I have had my sarnies and a coffee sitting at the frame - while most of the office moron big mouths clog up the canteen.
Then I have another MR on delivery. Win Win.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: BREAKS at FRAME? seriously its happening

Post by spiderj »

Personally I regard it as a hygiene issue
I don't want jam etc on my mail
Nor do I want ink on my jam
:no no
I won
Budfrog
Posts: 893
Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 02:19

Re: BREAKS at FRAME? seriously its happening

Post by Budfrog »

I didn't think that food or drink were allowed at the sorting frame.

Acas guidelines:

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=4282" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: BREAKS at FRAME? seriously its happening

Post by DB1100 »

venger wrote:Our canteen is used mostly for meetings. If they knocked it down tomorrow I couldn't care less and I seriously doubt anyone else in the office would give a toss either.
Our canteen is full of world class mail drivel,worn out trainers and problem solving charts,not to mention it's now painted in green and yellow,it look's like one of Picasso's wet dreams.
For we were soldiers once,and young