same answer you gave me a few weeks back when stating most of the job will be predominantly delivery rather than indoor work when the machines get up to speed,,,, and anyways, it wasnt to prove a point. its just mine and some others interpretation of the flyer they put out, a DOM and rep included!. as i said, if anyone can explain it in laymans terms it would help clarify it.Brain Fury wrote:Is that it? After typing out all that from the Courier Newsflash to prove your point?daveyeff wrote:well,,,we,ll see.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
TNT in Liverpool
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: TNT in Liverpool
-
Brain Fury
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 664
- Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: TNT in Liverpool
OK - I'll have a go ...
CONTINUED EFFICIENCY PROGRAMME.
Note to Ofcom - we have been improving our efficiency for some time and this is just another step
what is happening? ..we need to continuously improve our efficiency whilst maintaining our high quality of service...its the best way to ensure the continued delivery of the universal service and the good quality of jobs we provide...
We need to do the same work at a lower cost
...its the best way to ensure the continued delivery of the universal service and the good quality of jobs we provide...
Ofcom won't do anything to stop TNT expanding their direct delivery service unless we can prove that we've done everything we can to maximise our efficiency. If Ofcom don't do something we're going to lose a lot of money. That will affect our ability to meet the USO and in the long run threaten a lot of jobs. So we're going to start cutting costs
we are beginning a formal consultation with unite and cwu on a proposal to reduce roles by approximately 1600. we expect to create around 300 new or enhanced roles, meaning the net impact will be around 1300 roles....
We're getting rid of 1300 people in order cut costs
the vast majority of impacted employees are in our managerial population. some cwu roles will be impacted in support and administration functions
mostly of the jobs cut will be non-operational managers but also some clerical / admin jobs
...there is no impact of this initiative on frontline employees including postmen and women or the services we provide our customers
don't panic. It's not going to affect anyone in Delivery Offices or Mail Centres
Now it's hard to address the WCM aspect because it doesn't have one. I don't know why anyone would think that it does. As I've said elsewhere, rightly or wrongly, Sue Whalley is committed to going forward with WCM and it's actually seen as a key part of the strategy to improve efficiency. Most non-operational managers that I know have been encouraged to learn about it because eventually the whole business is likely to be structured around the WCM pillars particularly in whatever is left of the non-operational areas of the business.
CONTINUED EFFICIENCY PROGRAMME.
Note to Ofcom - we have been improving our efficiency for some time and this is just another step
what is happening? ..we need to continuously improve our efficiency whilst maintaining our high quality of service...its the best way to ensure the continued delivery of the universal service and the good quality of jobs we provide...
We need to do the same work at a lower cost
...its the best way to ensure the continued delivery of the universal service and the good quality of jobs we provide...
Ofcom won't do anything to stop TNT expanding their direct delivery service unless we can prove that we've done everything we can to maximise our efficiency. If Ofcom don't do something we're going to lose a lot of money. That will affect our ability to meet the USO and in the long run threaten a lot of jobs. So we're going to start cutting costs
we are beginning a formal consultation with unite and cwu on a proposal to reduce roles by approximately 1600. we expect to create around 300 new or enhanced roles, meaning the net impact will be around 1300 roles....
We're getting rid of 1300 people in order cut costs
the vast majority of impacted employees are in our managerial population. some cwu roles will be impacted in support and administration functions
mostly of the jobs cut will be non-operational managers but also some clerical / admin jobs
...there is no impact of this initiative on frontline employees including postmen and women or the services we provide our customers
don't panic. It's not going to affect anyone in Delivery Offices or Mail Centres
Now it's hard to address the WCM aspect because it doesn't have one. I don't know why anyone would think that it does. As I've said elsewhere, rightly or wrongly, Sue Whalley is committed to going forward with WCM and it's actually seen as a key part of the strategy to improve efficiency. Most non-operational managers that I know have been encouraged to learn about it because eventually the whole business is likely to be structured around the WCM pillars particularly in whatever is left of the non-operational areas of the business.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: TNT in Liverpool
ok,,,,heres another short and sweet one.....time will tell.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: TNT in Liverpool
I personally don't see WCM surviving, not least of all because it isn't cost effective. The name of the game now is profit and I don't see WCM as a profitable exercise.
-
potentialpostguy
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 20:59
- Gender: Male
Re: TNT in Liverpool
I'm thankfully I don't have to scan every letter!! I spotted the TNT postman today while on delivery.
-
potentialpostguy
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 20:59
- Gender: Male
Re: TNT in Liverpool
royalmailslave wrote:BeamishStout wrote:Yes I saw that parthaveagojoe wrote:http://www.tntpost.co.uk/About-Us/News/ ... -liverpool
Track and trace on every itemCan you imagine how long our present rounds would take if we had to do that? If this is indeed true then I dare say they have faster and more reliable equipment than we have. You also have to wonder if TNT will continue to shove their pkts to us via downstream access.In addition, for the first time, every letter is scanned, with a track and trace service to the door.
The PDA's we currently operate with are absolute gash......it's a joke ...while the hierarchy claim to be taking the business into to 21st century we are given Stone Age equipment to use
It's a joke when the catalogue guy or TNT guy has a decent bit of kit that captures your signature at the first attempt..and after giving in you have to resort to writing or sticking the barcode on a P739 card....."just sign next t'barcode love"
Just sign next t'barcode love"
-
Brain Fury
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 664
- Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: TNT in Liverpool
Explanation not simple enough for you to understand? Or just don't want to admit you were wrong?daveyeff wrote:ok,,,,heres another short and sweet one.....time will tell.
-
Brain Fury
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 664
- Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: TNT in Liverpool
dvbuk55 wrote:I personally don't see WCM surviving, not least of all because it isn't cost effective. The name of the game now is profit and I don't see WCM as a profitable exercise.
Of course you may be right in the long run but at the moment RM and in particular Moya and Sue Whalley definitely do see WCM as a way to improve efficiency and want it to go much further. I think you will see a lot more of it in the short to medium term.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: TNT in Liverpool
It won't be called WCM.
That's a tainted brand but continuous improvement initiatives will obviously be part of the future of the business or any business in fact.
That's a tainted brand but continuous improvement initiatives will obviously be part of the future of the business or any business in fact.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: TNT in Liverpool
I see an end to WCM and an emphasis on shared initiatives on profits if they can come up with reasonable incentive schemes. Mind I'm a bit suspicious it's going to be a bit like the Bullseye game with Jim Bowen saying "this is what you could have won". Don't worry Brain I'm sure there'll be a place for you in the New OrderBrain Fury wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:I personally don't see WCM surviving, not least of all because it isn't cost effective. The name of the game now is profit and I don't see WCM as a profitable exercise.
Of course you may be right in the long run but at the moment RM and in particular Moya and Sue Whalley definitely do see WCM as a way to improve efficiency and want it to go much further. I think you will see a lot more of it in the short to medium term.
-
Brain Fury
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 664
- Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: TNT in Liverpool
There almost certainly won't (I hope).dvbuk55 wrote:I see an end to WCM and an emphasis on shared initiatives on profits if they can come up with reasonable incentive schemes. Mind I'm a bit suspicious it's going to be a bit like the Bullseye game with Jim Bowen saying "this is what you could have won". Don't worry Brain I'm sure there'll be a place for you in the New OrderBrain Fury wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:I personally don't see WCM surviving, not least of all because it isn't cost effective. The name of the game now is profit and I don't see WCM as a profitable exercise.
Of course you may be right in the long run but at the moment RM and in particular Moya and Sue Whalley definitely do see WCM as a way to improve efficiency and want it to go much further. I think you will see a lot more of it in the short to medium term.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: TNT in Liverpool
i think its going to be.....''being the best''. thats the name being bandiend about. it was given headlines in the rag. they probably will bang on with improvement initiatives but it wont get the same attention and involment or money wasted on it as WCM has had. i'll be glad when its gone.fishtank wrote:It won't be called WCM.
That's a tainted brand but continuous improvement initiatives will obviously be part of the future of the business or any business in fact.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: TNT in Liverpool
well, i dont think i am wrong. and that will materialise in the next few weeks. and even if it turns out it isnt world class mail staff thats going to bite the bullet, then thats fair enough,,i dont particularly want to see ANYONE lose their livelyhood. as for the explantion, its straight forward apart from the fact the ''quotes'' you made werent you're own. i saw them published elsewhere....but either way...WCM is coming to an end in its present form and its ''replacement'' will not have the money thrown at it like the other garbage did....the shareholders will see to that.Brain Fury wrote:Explanation not simple enough for you to understand? Or just don't want to admit you were wrong?daveyeff wrote:ok,,,,heres another short and sweet one.....time will tell.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: TNT in Liverpool
C'mon now Brain that philosophy doesn't fit in with the new managerial inspired "can do culture"Brain Fury wrote:There almost certainly won't (I hope).dvbuk55 wrote:Don't worry Brain I'm sure there'll be a place for you in the New Order
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72764
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: TNT in Liverpool
dvbuk55 wrote:C'mon now Brain that philosophy doesn't fit in with the new managerial inspired "can do culture"Brain Fury wrote:There almost certainly won't (I hope).dvbuk55 wrote:Don't worry Brain I'm sure there'll be a place for you in the New Order
The "Can do culture" is in Operations only AFAIK. Brain is probably still in the "Will Do Culture"
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.